1HD FTE mixing engine oil with diesel problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody,

Im from Dominican Republic, I have LC with 1hd fte engine. Im having this problem, every time i go to have the oil changed,they tell me is overfilled with oil, i didn't know the reason because i always put the exact amount of oil (11.5 qt). Recently i got the injectors cleaned because the engine was shaking everytime i started to run, and the guy told me that is mixing the diesel with the engine oil, he took out 6 full qt of this "mixing" out of the motor, after that the shaking in the motor went off. My question is, does any of you know anything about this? what are the possible reasons for this to happen

Probably a bad injector dumping too much fuel. The vibrations could have been caused by the crank slapping the fuel/oil mix.

Did the injectors get removed for the cleaning?

Check compression to rule out worn rings, bad injector? otherwise a leaking seal.

Did have to change : 04465-60220 and 22740-58480 when oil was found leaking out. Used under 1 litre per 5000km your problem is reversed and will cause problems.

There are a few "O" rings maybe 90099-14053 is one of them, hopefully others will chime in.

Im not sure about the 1HDFTE but the 1HZ only takes about 9-9.5 litres. 11.5 quarts is 10.9 litres.
Check the specs.
There are also wet and dry volumes for oil.Wet is for a used engine because it will have some oil retained to surfaces inside the engine.
And dry volume is for a new or rebuilt engine.

If the "mechanic" took 6 full quarts out of the engine,it would mean that the remaining engine oil is diluted to about 60% diesel

In any case you should only be filling it to full mark on the dip stick with the vehicle on level ground.

I suspect the problems are more related to the fuel injection

Thanks guys for your comments so far,

The injectors were removed for cleaning, even the tested them and pressure was ok on each one of them. I talked yesterday also about this with another diesel mechanic and he told me it could be the O ring at the return rail. On the weekend im going to check and let everybody know.

Could be the seal on the injector pump shaft.
I had that on a 1KZT once, the failure was epic and the aftermath not pretty.

Front seal on the injection pump may be leaking.

~John

And the problem was the o rings on the return rail. now is working ok and i have a week testing, everything is ok.
thanks!!

Hi fsusana, we are looking at sourcing a LC100 from the Dominican Republic. Could you tell me the year and trim your LC is? Thx!

And the problem was the o rings on the return rail. now is working ok and i have a week testing, everything is ok.
thanks!!

I have been there and its no fun at all.. Bad copper seals on the fuel line will do this every time (happened on my 15B-F).

Does anybody know if the seals can be replaced without removing the cam?

The return line seals (90904-30006) can be removed after removing the intake pipe, the plastic head cover and then the actual head cover. No need to touch the cam shaft or rockers. I had it done last week due to mixing diesel with the oil and this is the quickest approach. 🍌🍌
I think it still dumps diesel, but need a few more kms to confirm. If so, next step would be fuel pump shaft O-ring, but that is a few more bananas of a job.

There is a third option - cracked return rail, hopefully unlikely. I didn't have a spare one when replacing the seals.

The return line seals (90904-30006) can be removed after removing the intake pipe, the plastic head cover and then the actual head cover. No need to touch the cam shaft or rockers. I had it done last week due to mixing diesel with the oil and this is the quickest approach. 🍌🍌
I think it still dumps diesel, but need a few more kms to confirm. If so, next step would be fuel pump shaft O-ring, but that is a few more bananas of a job.

There is a third option - cracked return rail, hopefully unlikely. I didn't have a spare one when replacing the seals.
Hello, how many of those seals (90904-30006) do I need? And what's the best way to check for leaks. Mine is mixing almost a litre of diesel every 6000 kms I wanna start with return line seals.

Hello, how many of those seals (90904-30006) do I need? And what's the best way to check for leaks. Mine is mixing almost a litre of diesel every 6000 kms I wanna start with return line seals.
quantity says 6

1686515894899.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom