1HD-FTE Crate Motor (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a buddy that could buy any part available and ship it, but it's a small fortune, even with the dollars favorable buying power.
Possibly a temporary advantage.
I understand the principles and dynamics of trading, but not in this as a business, nor want to establish a business just to perpetuate a hobby.
You are a wise fellow. :)

I'm concerned.
Me too - we are at a recent historic low AUS$ to US$ (over three years) and those of us that buy AUS gear have a temporary (I think) hall pass to lower prices.

upload_2015-1-31_8-42-51.png

Not wise enough to keep my mouth shut when things don't pertain to me.
My apologies, Ward.
You were already mad at me and all I did was junk up a thread with senseless chit, furthering, after I said I wouldn't.
I have never been mad at you Chris and in the unlikely event that I were to take exception, I would say so much more explicitly. It is me that owes an apology for my "Geez, Chris, don't be a dick..." post. I was chiding and chop-busting in a jocular way but it came out wrong and by the time I realized I had offended, it was much later. I was basically channeling a "Leave it to Beaver" character - "Geez Wally, what do you think Dad will do when he finds out?" and it didn't play well outside of my brain. Mea culpa. It is me that owes you an apology and I am truly sorry for intemperate use of my humor.

As for keeping your mouth shut, please don't. Your contributions are always appropriate, whether Delancy-pertained or not.

Thank you for the post, I have had you on my call list and putting it off because I felt like a dick.

upload_2015-1-31_8-51-3.png

Did Delancy delete his posts or something? I thought they were informative. I wanted to agree about a lot of people talking about diesel swaps way more than actually doing them. Hopefully now that Hz and hdt trucks can be imported it adds a different tone to the diesel discussion. Glad you found a buyer and safe travels.

Did Delancy delete his posts or something? I thought they were informative. I wanted to agree about a lot of people talking about diesel swaps way more than actually doing them. Hopefully now that Hz and hdt trucks can be imported it adds a different tone to the diesel discussion. Glad you found a buyer and safe travels.
No, he and i posted on another thread and it slopped over here. Nothing to do with this thread or you. He is a knowledgable, smart, witty and diligent member of this community. I didn't really sell the motor - it kind of got adopted :)

Thanks for posting/participating!:cheers:

No, he and i posted on another thread and it slopped over here. Nothing to do with this thread or you. He is a knowledgable, smart, witty and diligent member of this community. I didn't really sell the motor - it kind of got adopted :)

Thanks for posting/participating!:cheers:
Is that 5.3 70 series on here somewhere?

Uh maybe I'm missing something but I don't see your sig. That's what I was hoping for you had a build thread or something. I'm on android phone I might have to adjust something to see signatures. I don't even see my signature showing up.

VJ73 has a nice ring though. I'll search the forums until I find it. I love the trucks to look at just can't see a use for one other than just to own. I wouldn't want to damage it.

Last edited:
Uh maybe I'm missing something but I don't see your sig. That's what I was hoping for you had a build thread or something. I'm on android phone I might have to adjust something to see signatures. I don't even see my signature showing up.

VJ73 has a nice ring though. I'll search the forums until I find it. I love the trucks to look at just can't see a use for one other than just to own. I wouldn't want to damage it.

Yup, no signature info on the phone app. Here is the link, thanks for your interest.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bj-73-rehab-thread-oem-or-bust.793434/

Pretty much everything I've said on this site has been taken out of context which means it's probably me. I understand everything you are saying. I have never purchased anything besides parts from a dealer and never had one complaint. I got the impression he was saying he can't get the parts. What he means in stock. If I pay and order he can get anything or should. .

Actually, seeing as beno and dan are parts guys for dealers based in the US, he is saying that he cannot get them. Toyota and Toyota USA have really cracked down on the availability of parts for non-USA vehicles through the U.S. dealer system.

If you do find a U.S. based dealer that can get their hands on any non-USA parts that exist, better take advantage of it because they will not have their Toyota franchise for long. Beno and dan can get us parts that show up in the US parts list - and there are some that show up that make one wonder why they are available. I personally will check with beno or dan before going offshore for parts and they have surprised me more than once on availability (both positive and negative).

I apologize for being so long winded, but I can guarantee you that if beno or dan say they cannot get something, it means that they cannot lay hands on it legitimately - not that it is out of stock. I would guess that both could personally get their hands on lots of non-USA parts, but not through their place of business.

I apologize for being so long winded, but I can guarantee you that if beno or dan say they cannot get something, it means that they cannot lay hands on it legitimately - not that it is out of stock.

Bingo.

Cdan and beno both will go above and beyond to order odd parts when you need them. As a guy who knows both personally, and have *more non-US cruisers than most* I know that when CDan or beno say they can't get it that it's time to look outside the country.

Dan

Just Bought this beauty,she will be going into the 78 series 1993 model as the 2.4lte is just waste of effert...

Transplant will start @ xmas 2016 (engine plus autobox/tranny

Wish me luck ;)

013.jpg

018.jpg

023.jpg

042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom