1fzfe PS pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help with the power steering pump on my '93 fzj80. While the motor is running, the ATF in the reservoir is swirling up at the top. I don't notice any foaming after turning off the motor. I don't think it was doing this before the rebuild, and I'm wondering if I put the pump back together incorrectly or ?

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look in the PS reservoir while the motor is running, and let me know if the fluid is swirling around at the opening.

Eric,

I'll check in the morning, but I'd give it a 99% yes based on the amount of turbulence from changing the PS fluid last month. That's why I recommended some changes to the FSM procedure - the fluid is blasting in/out of the reservoir.

DougM

Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Bueller

Did you get the video of mine? I emailed it last week or the week before? Time is blending for me right now.

I don't think so. Send it to me at work if you still have it around. My dialup will barf and die with a big attachment.

Whups, heading to the garage this minute..

DougM

Aack! I had no idea there was so much turbulence in there! With the cap off at idle, the fluid looks like a column attempting to leap out - like a pencil eraser covered with red plastic sticking up above the metal inner. Turbulence? Big time - almost looks like it could aerate itself if it were a bit more violent.

Doug

Yup, that's it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom