1fzfe Cylinder head sources 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in need of a new to me cylinder head. Mines warped beyond fixable (~20 thousands).

I've been searching around:
Toyotapartsdeal- backordered til ?
AAA- trying to get a response in ebay
I'm reading to avoid cruiser parts.

Who sells them these days. Are there any reman sources that do not result easily on web searches?

Tia!

@arcteryx
@slow95z

You can buy a NEW head and all of the individual parts.

Ask @COYS where and how much.

Also: Classifieds up above.

I can sell you a head but I will tell you that they can mill 20 thousand off and you will be just fine.

I can sell you a head but I will tell you that they can mill 20 thousand off and you will be just fine.
Ok maybe I'm the idiot here bc I don't do decimals 😂

They're saying:

Your current head is warped by .020" factory spec is .006"

But if you have a new head I'd be a player let's talk price!

I don't deal in new, only used. If you are looking for one to hit that magical .006 I suggest you contact your dealer.

Any other thoughts on decking and driving a .020" warped head ...

Thicker gasket to compensate? Clearance issues?

Also any other source advices, I'll be checking local dealers

When mine went to that extent it lost its temper (?) is that the right term and the metal actually softened so even if it could be machined flat it was like milling a block of butter. Soon as it gets warm its deforms.

I bought a used one that didn't need any milling. They're out there.

There's a Toyota salvage yard in or near Levi, UT that had one when I was looking last. Try Toyota or import salvage yards

The issue is that because it's an overhead cam, your surface being warped 20 thousandths means your cam bore is also warped 20 thousandths.
So if you deck it, now your cam is getting bent back and forth with every rotation of the engine.

To fix that you need to line bore the cam bearings and put in bearing shells, and by this point you're in a lot of money on an old head.
I went with a $400 chinese head because mine was the $3000 family beater at the time I did the repair.
The machine shop I had clean things up was very impressed with the quality of the machining and flatness of everything (he said it blew anything Edelbrock could make out of the water), but there's no telling what the quality of the metal is.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it if you can get a real head, given the uncertainty of the metal. I don't know if this thing is going to crack in 100k-200k miles and make me do that job all over again.

Any dealership parts counter will order you one. Ordered Feb 7 arrived Feb 18. The amount you will pay will vary by dealership though. Mine was $1,454.51 before tax with no shipping (pick-up from dealer or delivery to local shop).

Any dealership parts counter will order you one. Ordered Feb 7 arrived Feb 18. The amount you will pay will vary by dealership though. Mine was $1,454.51 before tax with no shipping (pick-up from dealer or delivery to local shop).
Especially at those prices, no way would I recommend a Chinese or even a used head.
When I asked my dealerships, everything was north of 3 grand, more than the truck was worth!

Yeah, that seems high, especially if it was pre-pandemic supply chain misery. My invoice shows "list" price of $1,939 (whatever that means).

Yeah, that seems high, especially if it was pre-pandemic supply chain misery. My invoice shows "list" price of $1,939 (whatever that means).
And that's a BARE head. No valves, seals, springs, keepers, bolts, anything.

And that's a BARE head. No valves, seals, springs, keepers, bolts, anything.
Ended up calling local dealer. They order from a 'national warehouse'. 2-3 days shipped to them or a week or so shipped to me.... They would not honor their online parts sale price I found: sale price 1,419.14 (msrp 1,939.63)- so paid a couple hundred more to have them order it and get here quicker.

Ended up calling local dealer. They order from a 'national warehouse'. 2-3 days shipped to them or a week or so shipped to me.... They would not honor their online parts sale price I found: sale price 1,419.14 (msrp 1,939.63)- so paid a couple hundred more to have them order it and get here quicker.
Have you checked www.partsouq.com or Toyota Online Parts | Genuine Toyota Parts | Toyota Parts Online - https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/ ?

From what I understand some folks have very good luck with Olathe Toyota as well. Olathe Toyota Parts Center - https://parts.olathetoyota.com/

Yup, mcgeorge was a lil pricier on online cost
MSRP $1,939.63
$1,508.13

I'm considering the addt cost as ship cost :) But would like to keep this list of suppliers going for current source. All the threads I was searching dated back to around 2014~

Yup, mcgeorge was a lil pricier on online cost
MSRP $1,939.63
$1,508.13

I'm considering the addt cost as ship cost :) But would like to keep this list of suppliers going for current source. All the threads I was searching dated back to around 2014~
You can do a search on here for a new head. There have been a number of folks that have bought them. One guy even bought a forklift head to see if it would work. I don't recall the results of that one.

just dropped my head at the machine shop today. he said with the cams bolted in he could deck it however much i wanted him to deck without getting anything out of line. we shall see in a month or so when i get it back how it goes but its not the first head i have had them do and all of them are still in service and working just fine years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom