1FZ stutters with press of throttle and shifting into R or D (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m having issues with my newly rebuilt motor. Did a head gasket replacement and now can’t seem to get it to run correctly. Pressing the throttle it stutters and drops rpm and sometimes will stall. Also sometimes shifting into R or D it will stall as well.
I’ve set the timing
Check the mass aiflow sensor
Checked for any vacuum leaks

Any other recommendations to try?

Did you inspect the accordion section of air intake tube? Perhaps cracked during RnR operations?

The shop manual has a helpful troubleshooting table at the front of the engine section - take a look at that. I would put a screen shot here but I have the 93/94 manual. Have you done a post head gasket compression or leak down test?

Possible vacuum leaks are a good suggestion.

Since MAF is good I would check next:
Idle air control valve
Fuel pressure

Is this first starts? Computer will need to relearn, sounds like you got low idle?

The shop manual has a helpful troubleshooting table at the front of the engine section - take a look at that. I would put a screen shot here but I have the 93/94 manual. Have you done a post head gasket compression or leak down test?

Possible vacuum leaks are a good suggestion.

Since MAF is good I would check next:
Idle air control valve
Fuel pressure
Have not done a compression or leak down test. I’ll give the manual a look and see. Along with checking iac and fuel pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom