1fz-fe into an fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello folks,
I'm wanting to do this swap but keep the 440 transmission. I have a 1FZFE engine picked out and a mechanic but questions are:
What's needed for the swap to work as far as wiring, sensors etc...any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

You'll need a bell housing, torque converter etc. to make an A440 work with a 1FZ, it would be most likely cheaper and definitely faster to put an A442/A343 behind the 1FZ

Anything will fit with enough massaging...
No idea, but I expect it will be an easier battle to make an A442/343 fit than get a one-off bell housing or adapter plate made.

In regards to wiring, sensors etc, this will be required if you use an A440 or A442. Are you planning factory ECU/TCU or aftermarket?

You'll need a bell housing, torque converter etc. to make an A440 work with a 1FZ, it would be most likely cheaper and definitely faster to put an A442/A343 behind the 1FZ
That’s what I don’t know. Actually don’t know anything about this swap and what’s required.

Are there aftermarket TCUs??

That’s what I don’t know. Actually don’t know anything about this swap and what’s required.

Are there aftermarket TCUs??
Without being rude, it would pay to find out as much as you can about the swap and what will and won't fit before making a start.

Yes, aftermarket TCUs are available. Some aftermarket ECUs will run the transmission as well, many won't.

No offense at all, I’m long ways from starting this project. I’m most definitely at the starting phase of gathering information. Not much out there for this specific swap. Learning curve is exponential.
I appreciate you responding!

Know any aftermarket companies TCU/ECU’s….I’m guessing that’s the biggest challenge with the engine swap.

Know anyone who would talk to me about the fit?

Thanks!!

No offense at all, I’m long ways from starting this project. I’m most definitely at the starting phase of gathering information. Not much out there for this specific swap. Learning curve is exponential.
I appreciate you responding!

Know any aftermarket companies TCU/ECU’s….I’m guessing that’s the biggest challenge with the engine swap.

Know anyone who would talk to me about the fit?

Thanks!!
There's plenty of ECU/TCU options. I run a wolf in my 60, I wouldn't get one again but they were a good local option 15 years ago when it was being built.

If I was building it today it would get a Haltech and if an auto, a compushift to run that, although from doing some reading it's possible that the Haltech may be able to operate an A442/A343. The best advice I can give on an ECU is get whatever your selected tuner is comfortable/knowledgeable with as it'll save you a lot of tuning/troubleshooting time.

In regards to the fitment, I don't know but it's probably a good place to start by jumping into the 80 series forum and asking for some dimensions of the engine/transmission combo and seeing if there's any possibility of it fitting. The 1FZ will be fine, it's the transmission that I don't know about, we don't see a lot of auto transmissions here so not going to be much help in that department.

There's plenty of ECU/TCU options. I run a wolf in my 60, I wouldn't get one again but they were a good local option 15 years ago when it was being built.

If I was building it today it would get a Haltech and if an auto, a compushift to run that, although from doing some reading it's possible that the Haltech may be able to operate an A442/A343. The best advice I can give on an ECU is get whatever your selected tuner is comfortable/knowledgeable with as it'll save you a lot of tuning/troubleshooting time.

In regards to the fitment, I don't know but it's probably a good place to start by jumping into the 80 series forum and asking for some dimensions of the engine/transmission combo and seeing if there's any possibility of it fitting. The 1FZ will be fine, it's the transmission that I don't know about, we don't see a lot of auto transmissions here so not going to be much help in that department.
Thanks so much 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom