1998 hzj75landcruiser diesel ute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any help guys on best oil to run in motor , it's done 300,000

It depends on your operating temperature. Shell Rotella 15-40w seems to be working fine for hot climate with 5000km oil change.

Any help guys on best oil to run in motor , it's done 300,000

Are you Antartica or the Simpson Desert? Toyota recommend on a wide variety of viscosities depending on the ambient temps encountered.
I suspect you are in Australia and Toyota's own oil is 15-50 from the dealer.

Sorry in South Australia . Cheers went for 20w60 working great . No more rattle on start up

I tried the 20-60. Maybe I was imagining it , but it felt sluggish.

Tiny bit sluggish but would rather have that and motor protected instead of thinner oil and rattle til it circulates . You have sold me good stuff ! Bundy time !

RoscoFJ73
Which oil did you end up deciding on for you car ? Is it still sluggish ? Mine feels tighter same power just have to get used to it now

Yeah did that today runs really well now very happy . Just when things going well time to do transfer front oil seal lol never ending.

Haha yeah, it's an obsession

I just bought new pads, rotors and bearings for front and back, 4 x new HD tie rod ends (with nipples) and a new tough dog steering damper, I don't actually need any of it, I'm future proofing the next couple of years.

After that it's just do the swivel joints (also not needed :)) and I've got a whole new car.

Just got a sick front armour plate for my front diff in the mail, that'll be next job

upload_2015-1-12_21-48-41.png

Love my troopy...

RoscoFJ73
Which oil did you end up deciding on for you car ? Is it still sluggish ? Mine feels tighter same power just have to get used to it now

I have been using Penrite semi synth 15-50 diesel

Nice where did you get diff cover from want one for my hzj75 ute . I've done suspension , tie rods , tyres , pto winch , paint job , bullbar , tail shaft spider bearings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom