1997 lx450 value/worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't get the fascination with oem triple lockers.....

They certainly are not as well designed as other aftermarket lockers. I would be much more concerned with mileage and what kind of use it has seen. A low mileage maintained rig, especially one that hasn't seen much offroad use (if you don't like chasing down random squeeks and rattles) is what you should be looking for, regardless of the factory lockers.

Ok, s***'s gotten weird when were talking about "Concours value" here on Mud. I new these rigs would appreciate at some point, but the recent pace is pretty shocking. I'm guessing my rig is worth about 2x what I bought it for in 2002. I told my wife the day we bought it, bone stock, that we would never sell it. And I still feel that way.

I don't get the fascination with oem triple lockers.....

They certainly are not as well designed as other aftermarket lockers. I would be much more concerned with mileage and what kind of use it has seen. A low mileage maintained rig, especially one that hasn't seen much offroad use (if you don't like chasing down random squeeks and rattles) is what you should be looking for, regardless of the factory lockers.
It simply saves several grand $ to install ARB lockers.
I agree, I would just get the best 80 I could find.

Remember kids, everyone on mud paid 300 bucks and a case of beer for their mint, locked, one-owner perfect truck. Here in reality, these are changing hands for much higher prices than ever before. Based on the limited information provided, I do not see $18k that out of line with the current going rate.

A vehicle's value is measured by what someone is willing to pay. Not what someone asks.

Egg:
A vehicle's value is measured by what someone is willing to pay. Not what someone asks.

Chicken: Asks the same as others have paid.

...generally speaking

As someone who recently bought a LC with low miles (127k) that had 24 years of Toyota dealer records (PO was the shop manager for Toyota dealership) and had a single owner, I don't think that price is crazy. My truck had some kinks to work out, but has nice paint and a clean interior. I think getting it at 16k would be a deal. That might be unrealistic though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom