For Sale 1997 FZJ80 White (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
white
Outside Link
https://youtu.be/DFjRGC-Kr0o
This 1997 FZJ80 is a Toyota shop's owners vehicle.
It is dialed in and ready for its next 200k
The Tan interior is immaculate with clean dash (no cracks) smooth steering wheel and leather in excellent condition.
It has 33" MT Patagonia Tires, A AOE front bumper and Custom rear bumper tire Carriee with dual swing out arms.
The Front Bumper has a Smitty built winch and a set of KC lights.
The interior has the original sound system, and it sounds great!
All power switches work (windows, Sunroof, antenna) and even the "D" light on the dash!
It is perfectly lifted with a 2.5" OME lift.

The Fenders have new white fender gaskets and fenders freshly re-coated.

As you can tell, the engine is baselined and dialed in as this is the personal vehicle of the owner of a well known Yota Master shop.
California Land Cruiser is excellent shape.

Last edited:
Do you still have the original wheels? Sorry if you covered it in the video.

These are FZJ80 wheels, with flat washer, the Collector wheels did come with grey inner paint, but this 80 no longer has them.

Hi EFJay,

Yes, this Cruiser is all dialed in, based lined from a Yota Shop Owner, a CA 80 series.
I see you already have one, but still appreciate you chiming in.
Congrats on getting your 80 series a couple years back.
There is definitely a wide range of 80 series, condition-wise out there and something to fit everyone's budget. That's what great about these rigs.
But as used vehicles, not all Cruisers have been kept up thr same way. One that has not gotten the right attention over the years can be in for a alot more than just the initial purchase price. That's something one must account for.. by evaluating if the want a -12k FZJ80 and have to put in another 10-20k, or get one that's up to speed and dialed in.
Even bumpers, sliders and rear bumper (like this one has) can set you back 5 - 10k, and that's before doing anything mechanical. (4x4 Labs, Delta, Slee all beautiful rear bumper set ups.. 5k+)

I see once you got your Cruiser you needed parts. This is what you wrote:

"Long time lurker here but now I FINALLY have a 96 FJ ALL MY OWN that needs parts.
I’m looking for inner and outer fenders either side and a hood preferably in white if you got em. If not I’ll take whatever I can get. Also looking for a grill and head lights. Looking for an entire rear diff and brakes"

Sounds like you got one with some rust issues, accidented or rusted hood, and headlights are glass, so I rarely hear someone needing new ones, an entire rear diff? eishh 400k+ hard miles on your 80?. and that all sounds like the tip of the iceberg as far as cleaning up your Cruiser.

With an 80 series you can either pay now and get a clean one, or pay later cleaning one up. Just depends if you have the time and energy to source parts and get it up to snuff or want to enjoy it turn key off from the get-go.
So.. yeah.. This one is definitely a Real 'Wow One'.

The next owner of this one will not be needing a hood, grill, headlights or inner and outer fenders and an entire rear diff with brakes...

Last edited:
Hi EFJay,

Yes, this Cruiser is all dialed in, based lined from a Yota Shop Owner, a CA 80 series.
I see you already have one, but still appreciate you chiming in.
Congrats on getting your 80 series a couple years back.
There is definitely a wide range of 80 series, condition-wise out there and something to fit everyone's budget. That's what great about these rigs.
But as used vehicles, not all Cruisers have been kept up thr same way. One that has not gotten the right attention over the years can be in for a alot more than just the initial purchase price. That's something one must account for.. by evaluating if the want a -12k FZJ80 and have to put in another 10-20k, or get one that's up to speed and dialed in.
Even bumpers, sliders and rear bumper (like this one has) can set you back 5 - 10k, and that's before doing anything mechanical. (4x4 Labs, Delta, Slee all beautiful rear bumper set ups.. 5k+)

I see once you got your Cruiser you needed parts. This is what you wrote:

"Long time lurker here but now I FINALLY have a 96 FJ ALL MY OWN that needs parts.
I’m looking for inner and outer fenders either side and a hood preferably in white if you got em. If not I’ll take whatever I can get. Also looking for a grill and head lights. Looking for an entire rear diff and brakes"

Sounds like you got one with some rust issues, accidented or rusted hood, and headlights are glass, so I rarely hear someone needing new ones, an entire rear diff? eishh 400k+ hard miles on your 80?. and that all sounds like the tip of the iceberg as far as cleaning up your Cruiser.

With an 80 series you can either pay now and get a clean one, or pay later cleaning one up. Just depends if you have the time and energy to source parts and get it up to snuff or want to enjoy it turn key off from the get-go.
So.. yeah.. This one is definitely a Real 'Wow One'.

The next owner of this one will not be needing a hood, grill, headlights or inner and outer fenders and an entire rear diff with brakes...

FYI
Fender bender replacement of parts for the hood and fender.
Upgraded to a locked rear end.
Went with an early grill and new headlights.
Perfect interior and dash.
Super clean inside and out.
Super solid car and a daily driver

I could have built 3 of mine for the one you’re brokering.

To each his own…I’m just jealous I guess. Good luck with the sale.

FYI

IMG_1445.jpeg

FYI

To each his own…I’m just jealous I guess. Good luck with the sale.m

FYI

Man, I wish I could build 3 like this for 33k.
That means I'd have to get California rust free models, driven an average 7k miles a year each, and hope the owners did all service regularly and zero leaks, then put front Bumper, Sliders, Rear tire Carrier with swing out, New 3" Lift and 33s..
Geez, the 3 vehicles would have to be donated based on your theory.
I guess you haven't put on Mods, like lift, 33s, steel bumpers, sliders... bc you don't know pricing too well.
I guess I would prefer one of mine,
versus 3 of yours built for the same price,
Yours definitely sounds like a 10k rig.. I have seen plenty of those.

The deals are still out there…just gotta be patient and keep looking. Yours is the exception to the rule. Again, I’m still jealous.

Thanks for posting your picture on my FZJ80 sales thread. Do you do this often?
You search Single's Dating sites, go on someone's page and post your picture, even though you are happily married and not in the market?

Last edited:
This 1997 FZJ80 is a Toyota shop's owners vehicle.
It is dialed in and ready for its next 200k
The Tan interior is immaculate with clean dash (no cracks) smooth steering wheel and leather in excellent condition.
It has 33" MT Patagonia Tires, A AOE front bumper and Custom rear bumper tire Carriee with dual swing out arms.
The Front Bumper has a Smitty built winch and a set of KC lights.
The interior has the original sound system, and it sounds great!
All power switches work (windows, Sunroof, antenna) and even the "D" light on the dash!
It is perfectly lifted with a 2.5" OME lift.

The Fenders have new white fender gaskets and fenders freshly re-coated.

As you can tell, the engine is baselined and dialed in as this is the personal vehicle of the owner of a well known Yota Master shop.
California Land Cruiser is excellent shape.

Hi, I'm interested... It the truck still available? I would like to discus more.

Hi, I'm interested... It the truck still available? I would like to discus
it is available.
I sent you a DM yesterday.
you can call me at 949.229.1071

It is available.
You can call for details : 949.229.1071

Last edited:
Updated video:
New Tires and Jerry Can Swing out:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom