STOLEN 1997 FZJ80 Stolen (Houston) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear about that, bro. I'll be watching for it in the north Dallas areas.

Well folks, I am glad to report my rig was recovered!! HPD was called to a suspicious vehicle parked in an apartment complex just 2 miles from where she was stolen. Apparently someone had been living in the spacious FZJ and driving around with a temporary plate, smashed ignition and a pair of scissor for a key. Apparently they didn't keep a tidy residence and couldn't drive for sh*t, (see photo). My rig is now headed off to rehab (due to the meth habit of the unauthorized driver), while I finish up my assignment in the Caribbean. Looking forward to doing some work when I get back stateside and enjoying some open roads and rugged trails.

Again, thanks for the support and looking forward to the community.

IMG_3953-1.JPG

Wow! You beat the odds.

Does a methed out (IDK the vernacular) vehicle stand any chance of being saved, or is it a writeoff?

Seems like they hazmat the heck out of the dealer houses, IDK if it's labs or heavy user fumes that make the call.

At least it's recovered & you have a say about its' future though!

So I have a shop that is going to clean it out and see what the damage really is. I haven't seen it but my brother gave me a pretty good evaluation and said it didn't smell that bad. I guess I forgot to mention it was recovered 12 days after it was stolen and has been sitting in storage for 40-ish days due to a friend not seeing the notices in the mail. From the other photos he sent, didn't look that bad. I'm hoping for a good outcome.

Wow! You beat the odds.

Does a methed out (IDK the vernacular) vehicle stand any chance of being saved, or is it a writeoff?

Seems like they hazmat the heck out of the dealer houses, IDK if it's labs or heavy user fumes that make the call.

At least it's recovered & you have a say about its' future though!

The labs are the issue. Meth just smells like dirty jock straps. :rofl:

I'd rather have a meth smoked 80 than a cigarette smoked 80.

Cool story you'll have to tell!

Glad you got it back!

Welcome to the Bayou City where most stolen cars end up in the actual Bayous. You beat the odds, glad to hear you got it back.

Having sat that long in storage, you're lucky the Tow Lot didn't sell it!

I hope there is no internal engine or driveline damage for you.

Good Luck!

Now you really CAN say :"I Drive it like I stole it!"

Greetings Cruiser Community! (Not sure the best place to post)

I've been reading this site quietly from the sidelines for some time and recently found the Land Cruiser I had been searching for. Thanks upfront for the knowledge and entertainment.

Unfortunately this weekend my 1997 FZJ80 was stolen sometime this weekend from an office parking garage (near Briar Forrest and Beltway 8). I currently work out of the country and my brother was kind enough to use it as an alternate vehicle. Building security shows it leaving the building on Saturday at 9am. Just hoping that maybe one of you guys see some as**ole enjoying it with a broken window, please call the police. Texas Plate #HLT6873.

View attachment 1368759

Glad you found the truck. I wouldn't have likely been able to help, but I would have noticed that truck in my locale. There are only three other 80 Series that I have seen here. I have yet to have the stars align in such a way that would allow for meeting the other drivers, but I do keep searching the sky for that to happen.

As a side note, I am new to this whole meth epidemic. What are some of the sites and sounds to look out for and how can you tell if someone is on meth?

I am happy your 80 was found.

I had a vehicle stolen once. It was a '94 Toyota P/U 4x4 on 6" lift and 37's fully locked. They took the canopy, ripped out stereo and CB, then flipped it over in the woods and took the wheels, suspension, axles, drive shafts.......and then set it on fire. It was a sad day.

I am happy your 80 was found.

I had a vehicle stolen once. It was a '94 Toyota P/U 4x4 on 6" lift and 37's fully locked. They took the canopy, ripped out stereo and CB, then flipped it over in the woods and took the wheels, suspension, axles, drive shafts.......and then set it on fire. It was a sad day.
Why burn it? Bunch o' jerks. "there is no silver lining. boosh."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom