For Sale 1997 FZJ80, 40th, E Lockers, Built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***SOLD***

*1997 FZJ80 Toyota Landcruiser, built, E Lockers, 40th anniversary edition FJ80

IMG_3048.jpg

New addition to family forces sale!

I am the second owner of this Dark Emerald Pearl 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 40th Anniversary edition with factory Electric Lockers with approx. 136k miles. Original owner was an Emergency Room Physician, and I bought it from him in March of 2007 with 122,000 miles in stock condition. I have all of his records going back to the original invoice, $51,900! His records show most work was done at Dublin Toyota, and all were done in a timely manner. He did state, and there is paperwork, from an accident in 1999. Damage was limited to the lower right side. I also have the two OEM keys and fob remotes.

Since I have owned it I have done the following…

Maintenance:
Engine oil changed every 3-4k miles.
I have changed the front & rear diff and T-case twice.
I have drained the transmission, (without dropping the pan), two times. This replaces approximately 5 quarts each time.
Cooling system; I replaced upper and lower radiator hoses with OEM.
PHH hose replaced with Gates Green Stripe PHH Kit with Breeze Constant Torque Clamps from 1fzfephh.com.
I flushed coolant system with reverse osmosis H2O water three total times without thermostat installed. Then it was filled with 50/50 of OEM Toyota Red coolant & distilled H20, (and yes it had Toyota red in it already from PO). New Denso factory plugs, (Denso K16R-U), PCV, cap & rotor installed Nov 2009. I purchased an extra factory air filter which is washable and came stock in the 80. (Idea being you can swap air filters and clean the dirty one and allow to fully dry for an extended period.)
Brake Rotors still within stock spec so I installed 1999 100 series brake pads up front, 80 series rear replaced at 132k miles.
A/C system – When purchased the AC was working but the compressor was making noise and was in need of replacement. An OEM Toyota compressor and dryer was ordered from CDan and I had the local Toyota dealer do the full install. A/C blows COLD!
Power Antenna was also non functional when I bought the truck and was replaced with an OEM power antenna.
New factory center caps were also installed. (however, one went missing the first day I installed them after I parked in front of Harbor Freight!)
Real horns, from autozone (loud!)

I removed the factory roof rack as PM. I also removed the fender flares. The clear coat was peeling bad on the roof and fender flares so I had both repainted. I did put the flares back on for the sale.

Suspension/Steering:
4 inch SLEE Springs
Bilstein 7100’s w/ remote reservoirs (dampening 400/100)
Caster correction plates
Tie Rod End Kit (all four pieces done as PM)
Wheels and Tires:
Set of five 315x75 R16 Toyo Open Country Mud T/A’s with ____ miles.
Wheels: factory 40th wheels with center caps.
Lifetime alignment from Firestone (probably not transferrable). Had alignment done when stock then after tires, after lift, after castor plates. Always stayed with stock specifications.

Body Protection:
Hanna Sliders ‘Sluice Edition’ (1.25" wider than their standard)
Hanna Quality rear bumper, (with both swing out options; tire rack & Nato can holder)
ARB Front Bumper with winch mount, with Slee AC Dryer Skid Plate- I modified the new bumper lights and the existing marker lights to all work as marker and blinker lights. Hi-Lift Jack mounted on rear tire rack
Slee rear E-Locker actuator guard

Electronics and Accessories:
LED's in all interior lights (four doors & two ceiling)
Center Diff CDL switch installed
In-dash factory cup holder from Slee pt#TOY1004
Toyota OEM Hand Throttle
2nd fuse box installed under passenger seat. Done right with a 90 AMP circuit breaker next to battery.
CB in ash tray w/ PA and Tunable Firestick II antenna.
Auxiliary pusher fan installed in front of A/C radiator, hooked up to medium pressure switch for activation. Over-ride OFF switch wired through a relay to a spare OEM Toyota hazard switch on left side dash. (fan from 84 Mercedes 300SD pusher).
Pioneer Speaker upgrade front & rear
12volt accessory outlet in R rear cargo area, wired through new fuse box

This is really a great running truck. The truck does have some scratches on it, that may be able to be buffed out. I really do hate to sell it. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have or to come see it. I'm asking $13,500 OBO. Truck is located in Fresno, CA.

Thanks,
Jeff

CopyofIMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

Last edited:
(Drooling..............)

Wow........more droooooooooling. VERY nice! GL with the sale.

I don't want to be misleading in anyway, so I am posting all the bad points of my LC;

It does pull just slightly to the right. This NEVER happened with the Michelin stock tires only after the Toyo's were installed. I brought it back to Firestone three times for re alignment and balancing and they could never fix it. Again it's only a slight pull nothing that major.

After it's been running for a long time it will drip one drop of oil. I have degreased the engine and never been able to find out where it's coming from. It is coming from the rear of the engine, where the engine meets the trans. It does seem to be engine oil and not trans fluid.

There are a few areas where the clear coat is starting to have issues. The driver door and passenger door, and a small part on the tailgate.

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

There are also a few scratches on the truck from branches that may be able to be buffed out I'm not sure

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

The fender flares were put back on with generic rubber seals and if one were to choose to keep them on new seals should be ordered ~$80 from CDan. I was planning on doing the lineX thing, but never had the guts to do it. So I installed them back on for the sale with generic seals and the seals just don't fit correctly. They also don't seem 'fat' enough to actually stay in place.

IMG_3072.jpg

The hood (from the repaint in 1999, when the truck was two years old), does not look as shiny as it should.

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

The beads on the wheels are scratched from driving off road.

IMG_3066.jpg

The seats are in nice condition with exception to the wear on the drivers left side and one small tear on the bottom back side of one of the rear seats, most likely from cargo from previous owner.

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

I built this LC, with the intent of never selling it. And all work should should reflect that. With that said I also built this truck to take off road but still maintain it so it looks nice. Again I want to show as many details as possible so anyone interested knows as much as possible before coming out to see it

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what is the clear plastic box mounted under the steering column? Love your truck by the way. Wish times were different.

You have exactly what I want - great looking rig. Too bad you don't need a 2005 BMW R1200 GS...

luv it!!

PM sent

Out of curiosity, what is the clear plastic box mounted under the steering column? Love your truck by the way. Wish times were different.

Good eye. That is the controller for the LED rocklights that are no longer on the truck. It was only attached with two sided tape. You guys don't miss a thing.

Has the truck been re-geared? Also, do you have the factory roof rack you pulled off? If so, can it be put back on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom