For Sale 1996 Landcruiser, Overland Equipped (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Most "Overlanders” think they need what the industry is trying to sell them and looking their nose down at a truck that has gone where most of the $100k rigs will never go. That's this truck.

Price Updated, oil tests inserted, last test 2 weeks before I had the HG done.

Hey Folks,

1996 Landcruiser for sale in Brattleboro VT:

Selling my Landcruiser to get something more suited to work commuting, fuel efficiency and is less “Overlandy” The vehicle has been driven from Maine all over North America from Florida to Deadhorse and everywhere in between over the past 4 years. It’s not pretty, it’s got some rust, dents, and recently got rear-ended mildly but enough to damage the exhaust and hurt the rusty quarter panel. It does need some love to roadworthy again…but I am tired of working on it and want to move on to the next chapter of my life. I love this truck…but someone else can love it more.

The good; All done in the last year 15,000mi

-Head Gasket job at Landcruiser Heaven It did not blow with the exception of a few bubbles in overflow. 4000mi ago. $1500
-Injectors cleaned and serviced
-New Radiator in Phoenix $900
-Witsend cooling fan clutch $300
-the rest of the cooling system done and flushed every year
-Birfs serviced about 30k ago,
-OME Springs all around, Toyota front shocks, random rear shocks, think rancho and Monroe?
-New Master cylinder, and brakes bled
-Oil changed every 10k with Rotella T6 synthetic and Toyota filter.
-Cold AC lol
-Witsend console Safe
-a PILE of oil analysis

The bad

-Ebrakes don't work right
Aux battery does not hold up as well as it should
Inside rough, dirty, some stains from the travel
The windshield has dings from Alaska, Idaho, Northwest Territories and Labrador
Body has rust here and there and patchwork. Nothing severe into the cab…but not going to deny it's there
Needs Muffler.
No carbon filter so a constant fuel smell.
Tires have 58k on them and have some life left
Missing a hubcap
Rear wiper and washer does not work.
Rear heat system gone
Various oil leaks including the RMS which has been that way since I started driving it at 190,000

Options:
$800 Prinsu Rack
$2000+ ARB Draw system
$500 ARB front bumper
$1000 WARN 8000 winch and synthetic line with solid state controller under the hood.
Locking diff switch.
All seats,
USB outlets throughout including a 120vinverter
Kenwood stereo.
$300 National Luna Dual battery system.
Yellow and white fogs wired with rigid harnesses and waterproof relays.

$8000 is my preferred price but willing to work with anyone on a trade. Looking for a Safari/Express van, Landrover, Newer Landcruiser, Ford E van, Hilux, possibly a Taco or Tundra

Autohome Maggiolina if wanted; $3000 additional

265,800+ miles.

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 12.40.22.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 13.56.27.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 08.48.00.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 07.52.07.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 07.51.05.png

Last edited:
Really, the frame and undercarriage look pretty good! The only thing that looks really rusty are the knuckles and brakes. From the video, it looks a lot nicer than I imagined. A quick trip east to "The Rust Stop" to get a "rustoration" would probably keep this rig solid for many many years. Looks like a good rig for someone that actually wants to build and wheel their rig.

Really, the frame and undercarriage look pretty good! The only thing that looks really rusty are the knuckles and brakes. From the video, it looks a lot nicer than I imagined. A quick trip east to "The Rust Stop" to get a "rustoration" would probably keep this rig solid for many many years. Looks like a good rig for someone that actually wants to build and wheel their rig.
Yeah, It had rust when I got it, and twice a year we would go through, flush the frame, clean out and pockets and gob the hell out of it with fluidfilm and HD metal protect. Biggest thing was making sure the metal was coated. I did not want to paint or POR anything coatable as that requires serious prep, and causes more damage if done wrong.

Yeah, It had rust when I got it, and twice a year we would go through, flush the frame, clean out and pockets and gob the hell out of it with fluidfilm and HD metal protect. Biggest thing was making sure the metal was coated. I did not want to paint or POR anything coatable as that requires serious prep, and causes more damage if done wrong.

Are you still in Damariscota? I live 45 minutes away and have availability tomorrow to come take a look.

Hey all,
I've decided to just fix the exhaust and run the truck until It's reached the value that I am selling it at. When I took it to the shop the mechanic said that it was in amazing shape and the rust was minimal. I really don't want a car payment and not thrilled with the quality of modern trucks these days so just gonna stick with this old beast!

Perhaps in a couple years when i have a lot more miles, rust and age I'll relist it for the same amount.

AHHHHHH! I literally am looking to buy your truck...today...but not before 6:41 AM! I really hope you continue to enjoy the rig and maybe in "a lot more miles and rust" I'll still be interested :beer:

Got the new exhaust mounted, freshly fluidfilmed and ready for another season running the winter and snow. Running like a champ!! Glad no one decided to buy this ole beast when I first listed it!!

Not meant to be wheeled, parted or abused by some teenager. :D This ole boy is a traveller and adventurer

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 15.55.11.png

Got the new exhaust mounted, freshly fluidfilmed and ready for another season running the winter and snow. Running like a champ!! Glad no one decided to buy this ole beast when I first listed it!!

Not meant to be wheeled, parted or abused by some teenager. :D This ole boy is a traveller and adventurer

View attachment 2140565

Wise Decision!!! Hope all is well in VT... Cheers Adam!

Wise Decision!!! Hope all is well in VT... Cheers Adam!
Frank, good to hear from you buddy! Have not lost a drop of coolant since the HG job you did for me. Still going strong! May still get rid of it...but trying to decide on what and how to do it. Just got rid of the FWC and the tundra. Miss the truck, NOT the camper.

Is this still available?
Well...it depends. It's not 6k anymore as that's what it was before I dropped $1000 on the exhaust.

Right now it needs the gas tank and brakes fixed which if I do will have the 35gal tank and new toyota brakes or $2000-$2500 worth of work. So bringing it to about $9000 I would be asking.

So....if I did sell it I would want $7000 or trade for a Landcruiser 100 or 200 or solid Landrover with a clear maintenance history.

So....those are my cards

Still waffling on selling this. Its a great truck and I'm just not getting to use it as much since coming to VT. Over the spring-summer I put about 2000mi on it. New brakes all around, and the new exhaust minus the muffler which needs doing. I also pulled all my travel stickers and put them in a book.

Does not need much, just some love.

Putting the fluidfilm on it today I do really think it has to go.

Would seriously consider a Van, A decent rover, later Landcruiser, Maybe a Taco or Tundra.

and...as always no the tent stays with me unless you want to pay $3000 additional. Not parting.
2020_1019_15000300-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom