1996 HZJ75 Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jebbud

SILVER Star
Threads
Starting a build on my newly acquired 1996 HZJ75 Troopy. I've wanted one for a long time for travel. this one should be a great starting foundation. Its LHD with a 1HZ engine and 49,000 miles!

old rims.jpg

First thing that had to go were the rims and tires. I opted for 70 series steelies, powdercoated black and Falken Wildpeak MT in 255/85r16. looks so much better!

IMG_6958.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

Next mod was the the Quick-Pitch Trax-Tab. Need some Australian Flair!

it is super useful both out in the field and when just working on the Troopy
Tape.jpg

Rivnuts.jpg

Table 1.jpg

Table 2.jpg

Blue MaxTrax.jpg

She's a beaut! where did you pick her up from?
I got the Troopy from the previous owner in New York. It originally came from the country of Georgia

Amazing truck!

I don't know why exactly, but I really like the alloys that were on the troopy in the first photo. I think it may have been an extra cost option. I like the steel rims too, but care to share why you changed out the alloys?

And show us some engine bay goodness!

Amazing truck!

I don't know why exactly, but I really like the alloys that were on the troopy in the first photo. I think it may have been an extra cost option. I like the steel rims too, but care to share why you changed out the alloys?

Hello,

x2 on the engine bay.

Juan

Amazing truck!

Thanks. I'm really digging it so far. Those rims are found pretty frequently on Euro- spec 70 series, which this one is. I personally dont care for these alloys. So I went with some factory 70 series steelies, powdercoated black. I much prefer this look. Although they are HEAVY

Hello,

x2 on the engine bay.

Juan

sorry for late response for the engine bay request. Been trying to get some things done before he went under the knife
IMG_5708.jpg

Added some extra height and weight capacity thanks to OME and @cruiseroutfit in anticipation of the next big mod.....
The factory shocks were toast. has such a better stance now.
IMG_5709.jpeg

E85679E8-7C8B-41E5-89B0-3B8C47948A22.JPG

8A1276C3-9855-4AA5-94B6-C259BE9BF8C1.JPG

What makes the troopy so special to me is of course cutting the roof off and adding the Alu-Cab Hercules. Knowing the right place to have it done is key. And for me that place is The Fit Garage with @Willis. They were Awesome. Highly recommend @Willis and his guys. While we were at it, added Scheelmann seats, Explore Glazing gullwing window and the Quickpitch 270 awning and ensuite.

IMG_5665.jpeg

IMG_5668.jpeg

IMG_5676.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5698.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

What makes the troopy so special to me is of course cutting the roof off and adding the Alu-Cab Hercules. Knowing the right place to have it done is key. And for me that place is The Fit Garage with @Willis. They were Awesome. Highly recommend @Willis and his guys. While we were at it, added Scheelmann seats, Explore Glazing gullwing window and the Quickpitch 270 awning and ensuite.

View attachment 2950060

View attachment 2950061

View attachment 2950062

View attachment 2950063

View attachment 2950064

View attachment 2950065

View attachment 2950067
What scheelman seats did you go with?

These pics right here are exactly what I'd do with my troopy once I find one to import!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom