1996 FZJ80 Bought, Work in progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have to worry about emissions up there? I would get the EGR delete.
Change those rims too. Or paint them black for petes sake.

Do a turbo next! And get a pic of that chick up!
thanks, ya ive been scrubbing with soap and water here and there, its way cleaner but still a ways to go. Emissions, do not have to worry about up here - EGR delete sounds more performant, and better for the engine so its a win win??

haha 👙 popular demand - here is the previous owner

Screenshot_20201011-224747.png

Dude you gotta take her out! That is wife material right there!

Removing the EGR really wont do anything but get rid of the emissions stuff that likes to plug up and cost a few hundred to fix.

hahah she is back in town i think, offered to give me the back row seats the other day...
Is this really code for something else?

I'd let her show me the back row seats.

Pulled out this fuel filter(po had it done at carquest 2013, ~70k miles on it) real pita. Rear mount bolt was brutal - finally got at it a little bit at a time from the front side with bolt extractor socket.

PXL_20220103_011514923.jpg

PXL_20220102_044820244.jpg

Amazing how fast the car starts now, engine doesn't turn over as much and acceleration feels great 👍

I'm still waiting for a pm with the previous owner's phone number (assuming the photo above wasn't just something you pulled off the net??).

I'm still waiting for a pm with the previous owner's phone number (assuming the photo above wasn't just something you pulled off the net??).
That is the PO for certain! I've hung out with her - you fishing for more photo evidence?? 🤣

Unbelievable, when I go to check out a vehicle for sale I often end up dealing with someone with no teeth and 14 barking dogs under the front porch all while I'm trying to talk to the seller about the vehicle. You hit the jackpot.

The tech part of this post, did you replace the buggared bolt in the photo above?

Last edited:
That is the PO for sure! You fishing for more photo evidence?? 🤣

Unbelievable, when I go to check out a vehicle for sale I often end up dealing with someone with no teeth and with 14 barking dogs under the front porch all while I'm trying to talk to the seller about the vehicle. You hit the jackpot.

The tech part of this post, did you replace the buggared bolt in the photo above?
Ya I lucked out, nice to buy from people you know for something like cars (well for the most part) and whether you know them or not I won't be complaining if they attractive as well :D - she posted the vehicle on social media in one of those stories that disappears after 24 hrs - instagram. I think just myself and one other person responded lucky I even still followed her, I remember my GF asking my about that - I had some good "reasons".

I did get new mounting bolts in there m8x1.25 20mm - plus new banjo bolts and washers, feels much nicer to start up and step on the pedal. The only thing I didn't like is that I estimated the torque on the rear banjo - hoping I didn't over tighten. Was using a small vessel ratchet 7 inches long and gave it a good hard 2 extra 1/3 turns once it was hand tight I figured I needed to since the ratchet was alot smaller than what I use to torque (my habit of overthinking things).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom