1996 80 inner door weatherstrip seal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kmj

Threads
I feel like ive searched all over for what this part is. I keep just coming up with the weatherstripping for the actual door, but want to replace this inner seal on the body of the vehicle. Anyone know what this is called or even better have a part number?

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 1.23.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 1.22.59 PM.png

I tried to track down these for my 1992 dx barn door 80 and they were all showing unavailable. I think the part no's for these changed as the code at the end changed from '03' to 'B0' looking at the diagrams in Toyodiy. I have no idea if the actual product is different or if it's just an updated part code sequence.

The parts related to these trim strips - 62315C aka 62315-60010-03 and -06 - show as applicable for my build year but not for the same config from 1997 which is my go-to 'later build' cross reference for barn door low spec 80 part numbers. The 62315C parts are NLA.

Basically the tan (oak) is no longer available. Only the gray.

Hi there,

Talking about weatherstrip, I’m working on a 97 LX450 that has the DS front door weatherstrip ripped close to the door hinge area and have a question.

Is it possible to remove the old weatherstrip without breaking the clips that are connecting the rubber to the door? One of the technicians from the Toyota dealership in town said that it is possible to replace the weatherstrip without removing the door panel, which I’m trying to avoid messing with since Toyoda San decided to discontinue the panel parts.

Also, there is nothing on the service manual regarding how to replace the weatherstrip. After using the search feature here I couldn’t find much info on this either. Does anyone know or have any material or video on how to replace the door weatherstrip?

Take it easy and use the right tools.

Limited-time deal: GOOACC 5 PCS Nylon Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit No-Scratch Pry Tool Kit for Car Door Clip Panel & Audio Dashboard Dismantle Red https://a.co/d/8IJ5GxL

Not the kit I bought but similar. Used the black pry tool with the red handle. Face the pry section and wrap the shaft with electrical tape to protect your paint.

Take it easy and use the right tools.

Limited-time deal: GOOACC 5 PCS Nylon Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit No-Scratch Pry Tool Kit for Car Door Clip Panel & Audio Dashboard Dismantle Red https://a.co/d/8IJ5GxL

Not the kit I bought but similar. Used the black pry tool with the red handle. Face the pry section and wrap the shaft with electrical tape to protect your paint.
Ok, thanks for the info.

What about the little pin on the door hinge? Do you remove it with a title rubber mallet or pull it with a plier?l

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom