1995 FZJ80 Rust inside rear bumper near the factory holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I literally just got my 80 series delivered last night and it looks good in terms of cleanliness. However I was doing a bit of inspecting to find the small things no one tells you about. When I get to the back bumper near the 4 holes that were meant for the japan hitch I saw rust flakes. I stuck my finger in and the guts crumbled. I even had a rusted nut fall out. However feeling around it feels like it is only a problem for 3 inches each direct from the center of the spot. I guess my question is...Is my rear bumper shot?

AND Can a toyota service department do a structural check for further rust issues? I have a carfax that has all the services that needed to be done were done at a toyota dealer. I have kids and just want to make sure driving them around the steering wheel doesnt fly out the window.

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

The 80 Series does not really have a rear bumper. The rear most part with the 4 holes for a pintle is actually the rear frame cross member. I would be under there with a flashlight and a screwdriver carefully looking for structural damage.
The majority of dealers in the northeast have no clue about any 80 Series Land Cruiser as the youngest one is now 26 years old and the "mechanics" at the dealerships just got hair on their balls about 2 weeks ago.

The 80 Series does not really have a rear bumper. The rear most part with the 4 holes for a pintle is actually the rear frame cross member. I would be under there with a flashlight and a screwdriver carefully looking for structural damage.
The majority of dealers in the northeast have no clue about any 80 Series Land Cruiser as the youngest one is now 26 years old and the "mechanics" at the dealerships just got hair on their balls about 2 weeks ago.
No structure damage. I was under there. It’s odd is literally just at the 4 holes in the back. It looks as if there was a plate there that rusted out and then rested against the front of the cross member and caused rust there as well in sum small spots. Carfax says it’s clean and it only has the original owner from 95 until me. I have all the service records. But that’s only if it was reported otherwise it could have just been covered up. But the rest of the car is in great condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom