1995 cruiser brake lights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so, I pull my 1995 Land Cruiser in the driveway and parked for the evening and when I get up in the mornings sometimes the brake lights are on? This happens during the middle of the night and usually when it’s cold, however, I am in South Carolina so it never really gets super cold! Does anyone know what this issue could be? It also happened in my 88 fj62, however, I realize that’s a different section of the website. I have FJ 40, FZJ 80, two fJ 62s, and two 100’s. It has only happened in one of my 62s and now the 95? My local Toyota dealer wants $100 to diagnose the problem. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem? Thanks.

Have you changed any of your bulbs to LED?

I would check the grounds and see if the wiring was hacked for a trailer hitch.
Or if the trailer harness in the rear fender has decided to swell up and try to melt down the truck.

Odd that the 80 has the brake lights working without the ignition on, same for the diesel.

The switch can come loose and back out of the mount, and of course it could have gone bad?

Regards

Dave
All brake lights work without the ignition on.

Unless you have something different on that side of the pond.

All brake lights work without the ignition on.

Unless you have something different on that side of the pond.
Sorry, I think I could have stated that differently? I knew the brake lights work without the ignition being on, but was pointing out it is not common practice among different manufacturers.

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom