1995 1FZ-F ....Slight Bucking and Hesitation At Low Throttle (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting.... I wonder if anyone has one running on a 1FZ-F as I’ve never seen one posted on here. Figured if there was it would find its way in n a thread.

There's not a lot of 1FZF's in North America, and there is not a holley adapter available for 1FZ, like there is for 1F, 2F, 3F.
And most importantly, there is a really good tuned port injection engine management system readily available for 1FZ.
So it's no surprise there is not a lot of TBI swapped 1FZs.

There's not a lot of 1FZF's in North America, and there is not a holley adapter available for 1FZ, like there is for 1F, 2F, 3F.
And most importantly, there is a really good tuned port injection engine management system readily available for 1FZ.
True. An adapter wouldn’t be so hard to make up for the application. The advantage of the sniper is its self contained. So no need to source the harness, computer, and sensors as well as manifolds etc to turn a 1fzf into a 1fzfe. But as you pointed out there is little need for most of us in Northern North America given how plentiful the E’s are as compared to the F’s.

The China carb works great. I had to adjust the AC idle up with directions from JimC but overall it has run well and tied me over till I get my carb back from Jim.
Did you ever figure out what that pipe at #4 does?
Looking at it , maybe to eliminate that bog/hesitation when secondary's first open?

#4 is supposed to have a HIC valve in the middle of the hose. As delivered from China, the hose & ports are there, but no HIC. It would be best to remove hose & cap the 2 fittings, if the HIC valve is not available. The parts catalog shows the HIC system installed on only a few years of GCC spec engines.

Some final quick notes on the 1FZF carb, for posterity.
The carb is a halfbreed between a 22R carb and a 3F carb, but bigger than either one.
Like the 22R carb: it is all aluminum, has the outer vent valve integrated in the airhorn, has automatic electric heated choke.
Like the 3F carb, it has a stretched out mounting bolt pattern, but at 55mm x 127mm it is bigger than 3F, has cable operated throttle like 3F.
It's a big carb: 40/42 throttles w/ 46mm bore pitch. 36/38 venturis.
The air horn is still the same as 2F/3F, using same gasket to body and air cleaner seal

HTH somebody in the future.

Last edited:
Just got my carb back on from Jim C and installed it this AM. Took her out for lunch and it started right up and idled and drove perfect and smooth. The engine pulls hard under full throttle and the AC idle up is spot on.

Jim is definitely the man when it comes to LC Carbs.

Thanks Jim !!!

fAYKsaM.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

I have a 1FZ-F, could you please let me know more on "there is a really good tuned port injection engine management system readily available for 1FZ." I need to get a new carburetor so I am thinking if port injection be used instead of buying a new carb.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom