1993 Prado rear sag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently purchased a 1993 LandCruiser II Prado and have noticed a lot of rear sag when it is loaded. The previous owner had a set of new 33" BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain...and I want to keep that tire size. However, I do get some tire rub on one of the wheel wells when I have passengers or weight in the rear of the vehicle. The wheels also slightly rub a control arm when the stering wheel is cranked in either direction.

I have looked into replacing the coil springs with some that are offered through ARB / Old Man Emu. Does anyone have any experience with this particular product? How does it affect the driving agility of the vehicle?

I will be driving this vehicle on some winding, narrow roads that are littered with potholes and wandering cows. I really do not want to raise the hight of the rig, thus raising the center of gravity and making it more tipsy. I would like to increase it's agility and sturdiness.

Would a set of rims with an offset/inset cure the problem with the wheel rub on the suspension while adding a wider stance to make it not so tipsy?

Any advise or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Panamaboone said:
I have looked into replacing the coil springs with some that are offered through ARB / Old Man Emu. Does anyone have any experience with this particular product? How does it affect the driving agility of the vehicle?

Any advise or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Welcome Panamaboone - This is great place to get started.

OME seems like a great plan, but there are others here who will give you much more info than I on coil springs etc. Try doing a search, type in coil spring or OME.

:cheers:

GB

I would veer away from the offset rims unless it becomes a last resort.
Ive heard that 80 series coils will fit but because the 80 is a much heavier vehicle,the ride is too firm. Maybe some used 80 coils would be work.

A lot of owners in Australia use the Dobinsons as a replacement spring on the light duty cruisers and 80 series with much approval.
They are especially designed for rough roads and load carrying duties combined rather than hardcore weekend trail driving.
My guess is they will also be cheaper than the OME .

Im using their leaf springs and after 3 years am totally satisfied.

http://www.dobinsonsprings.com/index.php

I purchased the truck outside of Panama City, Panama.

It has a 4 cyl non-turbo diesel. The 2L I think.

What information could you give me in regards to the LJ78 LandCruiser. What modifications do you recommend.

Panamaboone said:
I purchased the truck outside of Panama City, Panama.

It has a 4 cyl non-turbo diesel. The 2L I think.

What information could you give me in regards to the LJ78 LandCruiser. What modifications do you recommend.

NIce dude .. also you cah check our local off road Club ..

http://www.4x4panama.com and our forum ..

What are your target . ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom