1993 LC NO CEL WONT START (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I checked the tread here at IH8MUD with the issue that I'm having on my 93 LC unfortunately I'm unsuccessful.
Apparently CEL is not illuminated and car wont start. I followed all the recommendations on what to check and still having the same issue. below is so far what I checked.
EFI- replaced
checked fuseable link and getting voltage
checked screw and getting voltage
checked MAF- unplug no CEL no start
checked igniter and coil pack - no voltage

Did no check ECU if it has power. Don't know which wire to check at ecu. photo will help me on this.

NEED HELP!

PHSANTI1966

Last edited:
You stated "checked fuseable link and getting voltage". There are three links, did you check all three?

1993’s had issues with engine ecu’s. Yours may have died and is probably PN 89661-60620 which was superseded by 89661-60621.

I suggest finding one you can borrow to slave into your vehicle for trouble shooting.

Battery is good?

There is a "fusible link" (Toyota's term for the boxy/square fuse in the fuse box (AM1 I believe)) that also has to be good.

Just want to be sure. Is the fuseable link located next to battery terminal? is so this is good since I'm getting voltage to relay box.

3 fuseable link? Only check the one next to battery terminal. Where are the 2 located?

I will also look into swapping the ECU.
Does the ECU needs to be reprogram?

Battery is near new. so I will rule that out.

Last edited:
Any -60220 or -60221 can be swapped in as long as it’s a good ecu, no programming necessary. Sounds like you need a copy of the factory service manual -FSM

All three fusible are connected at the battery and are basically bundled together.

The problem with the early ECU doesn't cause running failure, it sets a string of codes. If there is no CEL with the key to run, there likely is no power to the ECU, not going to run. With the key to run, what is the volt reading at the B+ term in the diagnostic box?

i had all kinds of trouble in my early 93 and swapping the ECU fixed them all. it would start and run but would idle like crap and shift funny. if you end up needing another ECU let me know. i now have 2 or 3 spares ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom