For Sale 1993 FZJ80 in Montgomery, Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This rig was originally purchased back in December of 2016 from an Ih8mud member. It was a dream for him to drive, own, and build up. He sold it to me because he was getting a house a growing a family. I on the other hand have no house and no family and I’m looking to sell this vehicle because I don’t have the time to take care of her like she needs and I have too many other things going on in my life that I need to concentrate on. It has been awesome to have this rig and add to the work that the previous owner did. He bought this vehicle as is and stock from a Toyota certified mechanic (it originally came from WV as I pulled the carfax myself). He drove it daily and I have driven it way less than that. It was supposed to be my primary rig for overlanding, but I’ve changed my mind on it and need to sell it. All these changes below were either work he has done or work that was done by certified mechanics that he knew. They are numbered (with parentheses in italcs to show what I have modded since his work) and additional work I have done is numbered and are in italics. This includes all preventative maintenance. Keep in mind this is now a 25 year old rig and does not operate like a new one.

Exterior

1. The previous owner applied a new paint color to this FZJ80. It was a mix between the sand color of the new Toyota Tacoma and that of the old FZJ60s. He owns and operates a MAACO and did the work himself including painting the door jambs. He estimated the cost to be $6000.00 worth of work

2. Front ARB bumper with WARN M12000 winch, 10 inch KC light bar on front and 2 round 10” LED spot LIGHTS with amber ARB INTENSITY covers (Since i’ve had this, I have removed the 10” KC light bar in the front and relocated the 2 round 10” LDED spot lights with amber ARB intensity covers to the prior location of the light bar)

3. Custom built Rock sliders (the PO got these imported from his home country in South America, they are bolted on to the frame)

4. ARB roof rack (ends were cut off by PO)

5. Smittybilt OVERLANDER XL roof top tent

6. Snorkel with high temperatures and more heat-resistant hose (the snorkel was painted black and i’ve slowly been removing the paint to reveal the surface of the abs plastic used to construct it)

7. Corner lamps were replaced with LEXUS LX450 corner lamps

8. Dobinson rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and jerry can

9. Rear flip-up gullwing window replacement using LandCruiser Phil’s design (I still have the original rear sliding window for installation if wanting to go back, also the original seal for the gullwing came off and has to be reinstalled. LandCruiser Phil mentioned that there were problems with that design and sent me a new seal for replacement, I have not done that yet)

10. I removed the towing hitch from the rig, but have it incase you want to reinstall it again

11. I have four used FZJ80 wheels that I additionally purchased for this rig, the idea was to switch off the current tires with another set, depending on the type of travel that was being done.

Suspension

1. OME J Springs front and back (giving 4” of lift)

2. Rear OME adjustable Panhard

3. OME steering dampener

4. ARB extended breathers on both axles

5. 1” Slee spacer up front

6. FOX 2.0 SHOCKS (front and rear)

7. Slee Sway bar extensions

8. Extended brake lines

9. The caster is corrected for 4” of Lift by bushings and drop brackets (TJM bushings and Custom made brackets). My plan was going a little bit higher on the lift. Will probably need stronger springs up front to stay at 4” lift. The caster is over corrected 1° due to the weight of the front

10. Double U-Joint Front Driveshaft

11. 315/75/16 Copper STT PRO with less than 6000 miles on them. Still looks like new, balanced and rotated with every oil change. Eagle Rims

12. New tire rod around 5000 miles ago

Electrical

1. Engine light is on because of 02 sensors, the truck has NO catalytic converter. ABS was disconnected, for me, it handles better that way. No other codes (The technicians at ACC in Atlanta just turned off the light for this and my plan was to add the catalytic converter and reconnect the ABS, just didn’t find the time)

2. Dual batteries, Yellow top optima for cranking and Red top Optima for back up with OEM battery tray and holder and Slee windshield washer reservoir relocation bracket to accommodate the secondary battery. Since then, the primary batter was switched over to new better and more durable battery (will get name, but based on research from Ih8mud forum). The Red Top just was not holding its charge anymore

3. LED light upgrade for interior light cabins and instrument cluster

4. Power Antenna works and D Light works

5. Kenwood Bluetooth Double DIN and kicker speakers (I have had to rewire the radio due to the way it was originally wired)

6. UNIDEN CB Radio (I currently have this uninstalled at the moment, however it can be reinstalled, does not come with antenna however)

7. This truck can cruise at 85 m/h and will behave like a new one. Speedometer is in perfect shape, just 8-10 m/h down due to tires and lift. (when cruise is in, the turn signals cause it to turn off, I haven’t figured out the particulars on the cause of this electrical gremlin)

8. Originally I had planned on changing out the electrical accessories for the rig including the radio and sub installed in the rig, that’s when I kept on digging deeper. As a result, I have rewired the accessories line to the dual battery and 1) added a Blue Sea Automatic Charging Relay (ACR) 7623 with interior switch for charging, 2) added Blue Sea 285 series circuit breakers for each battery, 3) added a Blue Sea busbar for grounds to accessories

9. Replaced old and dead Hella Supertones with new Hella Supertones

10. Renuilt/new starter

Engine and Exhaust

1. Oil was changed every 3000 miles with OEM filter and MOBIL SUPER 10/40.

2. Transmission Fluid flushed 5000 miles ago

3. Front axle was rebuilt around 3.000 miles ago with All OEM and Trail Safe Knuckle kit from Trail Gear

4. New Belts and AC pulley installed at 232.000 miles

5. Only premium gas was used since I have own it. Gives around 11 mpg on the city and 14 mpg on the highway. (keep in mind there are 315s installed on this rig so you have to calculate for the differences between the size of the tire and your actual mileage)

6. Magnaflow Muffler with straight exhaust from headers to muffler (cats removed)

7. OEM Valve cover gasket, distributor, O ring, cap, wires and sparks plug replaced 1500 miles ago

8. All new coolant lines and PHH / FHH. Radiator hoses replaced also. BTW, new radiator 5000 miles ago. OEM thermostat

9. Upgraded Fan clutch, heavier oil. New Fan and Shroud.

Interior

1. Cloth seats and upgraded leather door panel and arm rest.

2. Cold AC with great heat

3. One small crack on dash. The rest is perfect (there are now 2 small cracks on the dash, however I have a new (old) dash that was pulled from a parted out FZJ80 for a reinstall along with new functioning AC vents for the passenger and center dash.

4. 3rd row seats have been removed (I still have these seats and they will be included)

5. Australian grab bar on passenger side was installed but with new older dash you can choose to install or leave it off

6. WheaterTech Floor Mats, front and rear

A few more things, the title is clean and in hand and VEHICLE IS SOLD AS IS. I am willing to send more info and pics. Just ask for them. Prior to me getting this vehicle it was in Florida and prior to that West Virginia. From what I have seen of the vehicle the frame looks clean. One issue is that there was prior sunroof leakage and as a result the water pooled and mostly concentrated on the driver’s side floor pan), there has been some rust from the water going through the carpet and to the metal. The floorpan needs some fabrication to patch up a hole due to the rest and it will be good to go, see pics. Previous owner drove it anywhere with no problems and had completed a 2000 miles trip without any issue. Also, the previous owner did off-road this rig, I on the other hand have not. The previous owner said this vehicle has never let him down. He also put in more than $20k on this vehicle without the value of it and I’ve added to the $$ spent on this vehicle, probably in the tune of $2-3k. I’ve tried to be as complete as possible here. I have all the paperwork from previous owner plus all the paperwork and receipts I have gotten and additional pictures from PO which includes trips and repainting the rig at MAACO.

I am asking $16k for this rig and I am willing to negotiate if need be. Right now the interior is apart as you will see in the pictures (the rear seats are uninstalled as well as the front carpet and lower section of the dashboard), however the vehicle does run. I have kept it apart because I was working on it and trying to get the electrical accessories (accessory lights in the front and rear) all back together. If I get it all back together before a buyer gets to it, I might ask for a little higher price, not too much though. Please ask question if you have any and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. This next coming weekend and week will be hectic, but I’ll try my best. The week after going on until Xmas and New Year’s should be good though.

More pictures here shortly...

The first 5 pics

3DC6BBC9-CE10-4D58-85D5-762581CD3CE6.jpeg

DF9EA07F-17FA-4405-B1BB-9E65BF3EF531.jpeg

A47B3FE0-B00C-4417-9CF2-DA62EC61A64D.jpeg

B8D1BF84-4FB7-44E6-BC3A-70E96C1D8944.jpeg

408CAF6D-ADF3-47C8-BE9B-77C9C4008845.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom