1993 floor harness into 1991 for lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 1993 locked land cruiser. I've been reading up on various wiring solutions.

The easiest solution is probably just purchasing an after market harness with switches from one of the various vendors. But this also is the most expensive (since I have all the parts) and in my opinion the ugliest.

The other solutions I've been seeing involve cut harnesses that are rewired. Again, not ideal since I have the full intact harness.

I see two possible solutions for not cutting the harness, using after market or running 'new' wire.

1. Replace the entire floor harness from driver's side kick panel to the jack holder.

2. Pull out the locker wires and run them along the existing wiring harness.

My questions are can I just replace the 91 floor harness with a 93 and will that be enough to wire up both lockers or will the 93 floor harness only be enough for the rear locker? How does the front axle and ecu come into play with the floor harness? The diagrams aren't clear to me

I was looking at my 91 to try to figure out how to get the ECU wired in, and it looked like the passenger side kick panel had a harness that disconnects at thr floor and then runs into the engine bay. Possibly this harness can also be replaced to wire in the ECU and front harness?

That's what I'm thinking too. I read through your build yesterday and that was helpful, but I still have questions about how the cross over works to the passenger side ECU. Maybe you don't know because you didn't have the full harness.

To pull out the locker wires I think I need to pull the floor harness that runs to the driver's side rear quarter panel, this looks to me like it terminates at the driver's side kick panel with some disconnects.

What I'm wondering is how do the wires run to cross over to the ECU on the passenger side?
Does that floor harness not terminate at the driver's side kick panel and actually crosses over to the passenger side at some point that I'm not seeing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom