1993 FJZ80 A442F transmission oil cooler hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like my transmission oil cooler hoses are weeping. I have no idea how old they are. Does anyone have a parts list for each clamp and hose so I can replace them all or has anyone just used 3/8" transmission oil hose to replace them all. I did a search but couldn't find a complete list of hose and clamp part numbers. Mine has the transmission cooler in front of the condenser that then feeds into the radiator and back to the transmission. Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks like my transmission oil cooler hoses are weeping. I have no idea how old they are. Does anyone have a parts list for each clamp and hose so I can replace them all or has anyone just used 3/8" transmission oil hose to replace them all. I did a search but couldn't find a complete list of hose and clamp part numbers. Mine has the transmission cooler in front of the condenser that then feeds into the radiator and back to the transmission. Thanks.
i would just go with 3/8 trans hose with screw clamps or constant tension clamps, keep it simple and easy
^^^this
Recommend stainless screw clamps if OEM clamps are not used.

Last edited:
[dupe]

ideal is a pretty good clamp manufacture, they make both regular screw clamps and spring loaded clamps that will apply a consistent amount of torque on the hose and fitting

I have the same problem on a 97 FXJ80. When you look at the two hoses / pipes where they connect to the AT body, it's the right hand one. There is a bracket that supports it and it seems to be leaking at that bracket - maybe a split pipe, I don't know yet.

I have a question, how hard is it to remove / replace these hoses with the transmission in place? Are there other brackets as the pipes go up over the transmission case and down the other side? I've used Gates red hose previously for the power steering and I'm guessing it's a similar type of job.

What are the pitfalls please?

I have the same problem on a 97 FXJ80. When you look at the two hoses / pipes where they connect to the AT body, it's the right hand one. There is a bracket that supports it and it seems to be leaking at that bracket - maybe a split pipe, I don't know yet.

I have a question, how hard is it to remove / replace these hoses with the transmission in place? Are there other brackets as the pipes go up over the transmission case and down the other side? I've used Gates red hose previously for the power steering and I'm guessing it's a similar type of job.

What are the pitfalls please?
Sorry, FZJ80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom