1992 FJ80 Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My usual source for auto parts R*ckAuto has only right side motor mounts available and all of the left side motor mounts are for some reason out of stock...
Any suggestions where to get two new motor mounts (left & right) for a 1992 FJ80 with a stock 3F engine & auto transmission?

TY.
Oddly much, much, much more expensive compared to R*ckAuto.
Oem will almost always be more expensive than aftermarket and will almost always last a lot longer.

@NLXTACY I took your advise & order the left & right motor mounts from Wits-end. Doing a quick web search I came across a photo of front and rear mounts. I have the both front, but didn't even know rear mounts were a thing. Does anyone know if a 1992 LC80 with the 3FE has rear motor mounts too? A local shop wants about 2-hours per side to install the front motor mounts, does that seem reasonable? Am I able to do this replacement myself by jacking up from the underside of the engine in my driveway versus using a hoist to lift the engine from the top?

@NLXTACY I took your advise & order the left & right motor mounts from Wits-end. Doing a quick web search I came across a photo of front and rear mounts. I have the both front, but didn't even know rear mounts were a thing. Does anyone know if a 1992 LC80 with the 3FE has rear motor mounts too? A local shop wants about 2-hours per side to install the front motor mounts, does that seem reasonable? Am I able to do this replacement myself by jacking up from the underside of the engine in my driveway versus using a hoist to lift the engine from the top?
All 80 Series have 3 mounts. 3FE specific mounts below.
Left and right side motor mounts 12361-61050 and 12362-61010
Transfer case cross member support 12371-61060

You can replace all mounts (one at a a time) in your driveway with a block of 2x6 and a floor jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom