For Sale 1992 - 189k - NO rust- super clean - $4,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, time has come to let the LC go. Wanting to focus more on my motorcycle 'thing'. Bought the truck off of CL out of Seattle back in early 2013. Currently has 189k miles. NO rust - except for the exhaust, which is a little crusty. Yep, I realize asking price might seem a little steep for a 3FE rig with no lockers, but she is truly in fantastic shape. I've got a few thousand in receipts for new factory parts and have spent a lot of time baselining and getting her set up for a forest road / camping rig.

The bad:
- A/C is inoperable. When I replaced all the cooling guts I had a local shop evac the R12 so that I could remove the condenser and compressor and I still haven't gotten her hooked back up. I also took the evaporator out to clean it and haven't put it back together yet. It's sitting in the back with the glove box bits and all the other stuff. I was planning to get a new thermistor, expansion valve, dryer, and relay. Anyway, the AC worked before I had it taken apart, but it needs some attention.

- Some bulbs in the dash are out. Specifically, some of the heater/cooling control panel lights and the bulbs on the gear shifter.

- The driver window doesn't roll down. Could be a bad switch, dunno. All of the other windows are slowish.

- Sunroof switch doesn't work.

- Fuel guage is lazy.

- Fuel door release cable doesn't work.

- When I had the truck inspected post-purchase, my mechanic (a well respected Toyota-only shop) said that the rear main seal was 'weeping' but that it wasn't something he would personally replace until absolutely necessary. Full disclosure - the truck has NEVER dripped a drop of any oil, from anywhere.

- clear coat peeling off of top of the rear lift hatch

The Good:

- Lots of new parts. Can't hardly remember everything that I've replaced. Here's a few - all factory OEM unless noted.

Radiator
Almost every hose and vacuum line
thermostat
waterpump
fan clutch
battery (Sears Platinum)
battery cables (mega badass custom cables - all 6)
distributor o-ring
side cover gasket
cleaned throttle body and new gasket (Felpro)
plugs / wires
filters
fluids
fuel pump
front main seal
tons of little nib**** fasteners/screws (yes, factory)
coil springs (OME stock height)
shocks and hardware
valve adjust
valve cover gasket
PCV valve/grommet/hose
intake hoses
interior is in excellent shape - small rip in driver seat.
alternator
belts
new washer bottle / resevoir (you'd be shocked how much this part cost...)

She starts up strong, runs quiet and shifts firm. Engine is clean enough to eat off of. Lots of extra parts included, including factory service manual, new factory front brake rotors and all manor of small bits. Not sure what else to say!

image.jpg

Last edited:
More pics.

image.jpg

a couple more.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

more.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Forgot to add new distributor cap/rotor and new fusible links.

Battery cables are from Urbanlandcruisers.com - They specialize in old Land Rover restos but a lot of Cruiser work as well. The cables are super beefy. They ran about $225 iirc - I just ordered the FJ62 cables and made a note that they were for an 80. Came with new OEM fusible links, too! The FZJ80 cables are a little cheaper. I had to let them sit in the sun all day in order to work with them. Really happy with them

:)

Forgot to add that I have a new headlight wiring harness from Slee sitting in the back hatch along with new OEM headlight bulbs. Old lights/harness work fine, just wanted to upgrade. You'd be shocked how much the dealer charges for 4 headlight bulbs!!

John - shot you a text.

bump!

hmmm... Is it the AC issue that's keeping this thread quiet??

Monday bump!

Yes Sir it is ......in my opinion. I STRONGLY looked at this one before my purchase and the AC made the difference.

Cool, thanks Man. I appreciate the straight up.

I'll try to find some time to button (most of) the AC up. Realistically won't get it all done.

:beer:

Sunday morning bump!

bump

Price drop to $4,250

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom