1991 FJ80 Buying advice, what do you guys think of this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to have 3 cars and have decided they're all going to be cruisers. I was thinking a 40, 60 and an 80 but I just love the 80 body style so much. So here's my question, I found a 1991 cruiser with 210 K I'm interested in. He bought it in 1995 with 40k on it and a salvage title. Hasn't done much to it, hasn't had any troubles with it. Seems like a fine looking truck and the guy seems like he stayed mostly on top of normal fixes. He wants $3,500 for it and I don't see many around for that price.

With all this said would you look for a FJ62 over this or does the price seem fair enough to make it worth while? Anybody in NM that can take a look at this one for me?
1545545889.184531440.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Seems high for 210k AND a salvage title. I got mine for $3500ish with a clear title and 165k (last year). That does look cosemetically better then though..

See if you can get him to drop it a little. . .

too mnay miles and too much money unless it has had recient major work done to it

mac daddy tune up
all fluids
new tires
new brakes
rebuilt ft axle

blah, blah

I would pay a little more and get a good 62 and a 93+ FZJ80

Yeah that was sort of what I was thinking, even at $2,000 it would still need $1,000 in work so I think I'll pass. You just don't see a ton of deal on cruisers and the Sub-$3,000 isn't really there.

Do yourself a favor and get a 93+ with lockers. You will be soo happy. Also, shoot me some pics of the sc400 if its still available. I love those cars and that V8 has got to be fun.

Bd
bdowns05@yahoo.com

sonoranfun said:
Anybody in NM that can take a look at this one for me?

NM is a big state. If you narrow it down a little some of the NM guys might look at it for you.

-B-

Oh sorry, i apologize. Your sig line didnt show the 96 so i didnt know you had one. Well we had a 92 once, same color. My brother wrecked it at 50 mph, fell asleep at the wheel....not a scratch, to him that is. They are still tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom