For Sale 1990 PZJ70 LX RHD Atlanta, GA USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is with great sorrow that I have to put my baby up for sale. I have a right hand drive 1990 PZJ70 LX that I unfortunately can’t hold onto anymore due to a new job. The rig is in beautiful shape as the pictures show and only has 114,830 km or 67,547 miles, although this number will continue to grow slightly since I love driving the thing. This truck has been well taken care of, it has no rust and everything on it works as it should. I have all the import papers as well as all the maintenance records.

The PZJ70 was only made from 1990-94 and the 1PZ 5cyl diesel is the only 5cyl diesel put in any Land Cruiser. This engine being the precursor to the 1HZ, many engine parts are interchangeable and are still in production. This model also has a 5 speed manual transmission and electric locking hubs. This PZJ70 is considered a heavy duty version for this model of truck. With the LX trim, it has a full gauge cluster, forward facing rear seat, power steering/brakes/clutch, etc. Despite cup holders not coming standard, the back seat does have 2 ash trays (because priorities), and aftermarket cup holders up front. (This vehicle has never actually been smoked in to my knowledge)

I am not in a rush to sell this truck, nor do I need any help with it. I just want to make sure it goes to a good home that will continue to take care of it and use it for the adventures it was intended to go on. Asking $28,000. Price is comparable to similar models in the US in this condition, but I will entertain offers. I look forward to hearing from you.

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

IMG_3642.JPG

Cool truck! Looks familiar, what's the original VIN/frame-no?

*edit:

It's this one:

Buyer Be Aware: 1990 PZJ70 - PZJ700001922

Sorry man, the odometer was rolled back 100,000K and it was marked as "wrecked/repaired". The last guy I saw who was selling it was 100% aware of all this. :(

Last edited:
Looks like a nice cruiser in the pictures. Sorry about the dishonest practices of the previous owner(s) though.

Sigh....another one of these. I'm starting to think that EVERY JDM Cruiser thats not listed by a trusted source with paperwork is a rollback....

I don't think that every JDM cruiser with an "R" auction sheet is bad but definitely a reason to be even more cautious of buying it.

Odometer rollbacks are unforgivable and illegal though. :(

I don't think that every JDM cruiser with an "R" auction sheet is bad but definitely a reason to be even more cautious of buying it.

Indeed. Unless you have specifics, "R" might mean "minor fender bender, bumper and grille replaced" or "cut in half by the bullet train". There are supposed to be various grades of an "R" rating but not every auction house, or even inspectors within a particular auction house, follow the exact same standard.

That's why LCD avoids any vehicle with any type of "R" rating.

Last edited:
When I see a situation like this I can't help but wonder how many people in the food chain were aware of the odometer discrepancy and chose to keep that fact hidden in the interest of a quick buck. More the reason to go with an established importer with a proven track record.

I still think it’s a nice looking, cool truck. That’s why I say “buyer be aware” rather than “buyer beware”. But the dealer who sold this truck to the current owner definitely was aware of this and did not disclose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom