For Sale 1990 PZJ70 LX RHD Atlanta, GA USA *UPDATED* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey y’all,

*Update* I’d like to give a big thanks to Steve Jackson for helping me to compile some more information about my truck and making sure all of my details were correct. As it turns out, the dealership I bought it from was aware the vehicle had been in a wreck and the odometer had been rolled back 100,000 km (making the total 214,830 km) but failed to disclose this information at the time of the sale. Regardless, any damage done appears to have either been minor (can you even damage a 70 series?), or fixed immaculately as there is no indication of it on the vehicle. It has been painted once, but does not have any rust and is still the original color. Since I purchased the truck I had the transfer case rebuilt using all OEM parts and guidance from Onur Azeri of Land Cruiser Parts & Consulting. As I said in my original post, this beast is a joy to cruise in and I have loved every second of owning it.*

It is with great sorrow that I have to put my baby up for sale. I have a right hand drive 1990 PZJ70 LX that I unfortunately can’t hold onto anymore due to a new job. The rig is in beautiful shape as the pictures show and only has 114,830 km or 67,547 miles, although this number will continue to grow slightly since I love driving the thing. This truck has been well taken care of, it has no rust and everything on it works as it should. I have all the import papers as well as the maintenance records.

The PZJ70 was only made from 1990-94 and the 1PZ 5cyl diesel is the only 5cyl diesel put in any Land Cruiser. This engine being the precursor to the 1HZ, many engine parts are interchangeable and are still in production. This model also has a 5 speed manual transmission and electric locking hubs. This PZJ70 is considered a heavy duty version for this model of truck. With the LX trim, it has a full gauge cluster, forward facing rear seat, power steering/brakes/clutch, etc. Despite cup holders not coming standard, the back seat does have 2 ash trays (because priorities), and aftermarket cup holders up front. (This vehicle has never actually been smoked in to my knowledge)

I am not in a rush to sell this truck, nor do I need any help with it. I just want to make sure it goes to a good home that will continue to take care of it and use it for the adventures it was intended to go on. Asking $28,000. Price is comparable to similar models in the US in this condition, but I will entertain offers. I look forward to hearing from you.

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

Here are some additional pictures. I have plenty more to DM if you are interested. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
IMG_3623.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

Good luck with the sale.

Are you not looking at the dealership who seems to have violated disclosure requirements?

I have an idea....sell it to me for $10k and sue the dealership for the $18k you lost. Send me your account info

Good luck with the sale.

Are you not looking at the dealership who seems to have violated disclosure requirements?

Yes we are pressing charges against the dealership, but I'd rather this truck go to somebody who would appreciate it than back to the dealership if possible.

Yes we are pressing charges against the dealership, but I'd rather this truck go to somebody who would appreciate it than back to the dealership if possible.
That’s good. After your litigation let’s us know the dealer too so we know who to stay away from. I’m writing from Venezuela but I’m from Athens, GA. I’m heading up there shortly with a 1990 FJ 70 gasoline motor so I’m following your progress closely. Good luck on both sides and I hope she finds a good honest home. Shawn

After all this new information came to light it's still offered at 28k? Or did I miss the updated price?

This is just an FYI post....

Look at the odometer, the 1 being the first number is not aligned with the rest. Tell tale sign of an OD rollback. Pretty easy to spot if you know what to look for.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom