1990 Hdj81 Vx Ltd Abbotsford B.c. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

-1990 HDJ81 VX Ltd, RHD 4.2 litre 1HD-T turbodiesel, auto, brown, brown / black interior, factory differential F/R lockers, approx. 133,000 km
-Big end bearings replaced (ATEB)
-After purchase, truck received extremely thorough mechanical service and inspection from ATEB which included turbo inspection, charging system, transmission, injection pump, injectors rebuilt and replaced, all belts changed, synthetic fluid throughout, brakes pads and rotors, valve adjustment.
-T belt replaced at 100,000 km
-Recent OME 2 ½” heavy front / medium rear; High end super heavy duty hydraulic shocks (4 way Tough dog from Australia) adjustable hydraulic shocks replacement cost $1000, steering stabilizer and correct castor correction
-US heavy duty sway bars front and rear
-Alpine stereo with 5 speakers total: 6 ½” Alpine speakers in each door and 12” subwoofer with amplifier, Sirius satellite enabled, professionally designed and installed by Audio Video Unlimited (approx. cost $3000)
-Redtec A/C conversion
-E code headlamps, IPF X51 high output bulbs with 30 amp relays on each headlamp, DOT amber front markers.
-Custom A pillar mounted gauges, ISSPRO EGT, A/T temp and boost, professionally installed.
-Aircared March 2007
-tinted windows
-5 X 285-75-16 BFG E load A/T’s in rotation, approx. 80% remaining
-2 X 12v heavy duty stainless steel DC power sockets
-$15,000 in service receipts, most from ATEB
-Meticulous detailed records maintained as per Toyota schedule
-Ellery manual
-All oil changes as per schedule and on synthetic
Truck is in overall excellent condition; selling as my transportation needs have changed. I have owned this truck for approx. 1 year You will not find a better truck for the money.
ASKING $25,000. Price revised 2007-05-02 to 20,000 OBO. Will also consider trades on modern, fuel efficient Japanese vehicle - prefer toyota, subaru, honda or mazda.
CruiserFS 013.jpg

Last edited:
After much further thought, I've decided to hold onto the truck. I was looking seriously at options and there is just nothing else out there I'd rather drive, after actually driving some of the vehicles I thought were options.

Whew! I was starting to feel a bit jealous of the new owner. Dang that is a nice truck! I still have to take care of the AC and cruise control on mine.

BTW, 10.6 l/100 at 105 kph average last weekend for my Ottawa trip, including cuty driving :). I do believe the height of the vehicle has a big impact in fuel consumption. Your truck with 3" lift would definitely be more of an air dam. Wayne's HDJ81 when he tested it last year with good fuel economy was on skinny tires and no lift, IIRC.

Anyway if you're constantly doing short runs, I'd consider using a massive engine warmer so the engine would already be at operating temperature when started, instead of taking 10 minutes of driving to get there (and guzzle fuel) like in winter.

Chris

Last edited:
Man, what a bummer! I feel cheated :(

Martin, how could you :crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom