1988 FJ62 for sale in Houston scam, have you seen this woody FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased a 1988 FJ62 in the Houston area and the seller took a $500 deposit via Zelle... It was supposed to be hauled by him as he had a car trailer and had to go to Phoenix... Long story short, his trailer kept breaking down, etc etc.. and he finally broke of communication about 10 days ago. Has anyone see this particular 1988 FJ62 'woody' and can they relay info to me so I can inform the authorities/etc.???
Here are some pics...

00K0K_1schJk6WTgNz_0k20eR_1200x900.jpg
00l0l_hxrK4ZAPacSz_0k20ew_1200x900.jpg
00Q0Q_2E4DSsi3Qk7z_0k20eC_1200x900.jpg
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 12-28-50 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser - cars trucks - by owner - vehicle .png

seems the price was very reasonable, that might have been a give away

seems the price was very reasonable, that might have been a give away
It depends, if it was my dad or older relative (long passed away) that is not on the net a lot, they would have sold it for that price or similar. One never knows.

It depends, if it was my dad or older relative (long passed away) that is not on the net a lot, they would have sold it for that price or similar. One never knows.

if they took Zelle, I would think they are online savvy
is there any recourse thru Zelle?

Zelle offer no buyer protections. That's often another red flag, if seller refuses Paypal, or something with a paper-trail.

However, searching that phone # seems legit - a registered (regis-turd?) user in Houston- so I'd keep trying, or maybe pay for a reverse lookup.

Good luck, it seems with the price of vintage vehicles these days, it's the wild west for scams...

I did the lookup and found Juan Handal as the owner of the phone number... Next step is local police here or call Houston police? Never had to deal with this before..

Wouldn't that be fun to show up at his dealership with the local sheriff and talk to his boss and the general manager about filing a fraudulent sale report with the Texas DMV against one of their "certified" employees ?! Betcha that Toyota shows up real fast.

That price was too good to be true and should had been a red flag.
Just compare with the other fjs especially out in the West-they go for 20ks.
Sorry for your headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom