1987 FJ60 - Rust Free From New Mexico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1987 FJ60 - Rust Free From New Mexico - SOLD

*** SOLD - MONEY IN THE BANK TODAY*****

I want to buy an 80 so I need to sell my 60.

*** New lower price -- $4,000 ****

Here's a list of a few basic details:

* Runs very well
* I've gotten multiple compliments from people that say the truck looks almost new and they cannot believe it is 20 years old.
*266,590 Miles
*Repainted in late 2003 with Toyota 4M9 Cashmere Beige Metallic
*I ran a VIN check and it showed that it has been in Albuquerque since it was brand new (except it lived in Farmington for a couple months)
*The dashboard is 99.9% perfect with one small crack in the speaker grille
*It passed the Bernalillo County emissions test in March 2007. I don't have any reason to think that it wouldn't pass if tested today.

Relatively new parts:
31" X 10.5 BFG A/T - about 4 years old with 20K miles on them
A/C system converted to R134a and it blows COLD.
OEM Reman Starter about a year ago
New motor and transmission mounts in 2003
OEM Cat-back Exhaust
New OEM Distributor Cap, Rotor and Plugs at 242K miles
K&N Air filter at 242K miles
Rebuilt/reseal Driver steering knuckle, axle seal, trunnion bearings
Replaced Driver Side rear axle seal.
New aftermarket radiator in 2003
Carburetor overhaul in 2003
Replaced intake/exhaust manifold and under-carb gaskets in 2005
New OEM Distributor Vacuum Advance
Installed Reman PS Pump and Air Pump in 2006
New Belts in 2006
New windshield and OEM gasket 2 weeks ago

**UPDATE** I got these installed ***I have the parts for the 3-point rear seatbelt retrofit but have only installed
the lap retractors because there aren't any nuts welded into the C-pillars***
I also have extra seatbelt parts, FJ62 mirrors I haven't installed, a non-bent globebox door, and several other spare parts
I installed a couple of cargo tiedown straps in the crevice between the floor and rear seatback.

I have a bunch more pictures. Send me a PM and any picture requests you might have and I'll email them to you.

Here are some pictures.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
It's been a long time since this got a bump. Still for sale. "Isn't anybody gonna help that po man?"

Still for sale. Thought there might be a few people out there that recently joined or ventured into this area of MUD within the last 3 months.
A few weeks ago I had to renew the registration and had to take the county emissions test. It passed with flying colors, so that gives a sense of how well the truck is running. The emissions tech could not believe it passed or that it is 22 years old.

Emissions test numbers were:
High Speed-
HC = 11 ppm (limit is 200)
CO = 0.04% (limit is 1.20%)

Idle-
HC = 19 ppm
CO = 0.01%

I just found out that Yahoo has been sticking my emails sent via MUD into the SPAM folder. Thanks to Fast4dr for tipping me off that I needed to look for the emails. So if you've sent me an email regarding my truck, I'll respond shortly, once I read through it. Sorry.

BUMP for ya

and what does the fj60's get mpg wise 11mpg's I have only had yota minitrucks w/ 22re's and the 2.7 and my current 4runner is the 3.slo

great lookin ride read throught the entire thread.

what is the asking price? Looks very clean compared to what is here in the northeast.

$4,500 is current asking price. Offers for $3K have been made but not accepted.

BUMP for ya

and what does the fj60's get mpg wise 11mpg's I have only had yota minitrucks w/ 22re's and the 2.7 and my current 4runner is the 3.slo

great lookin ride read throught the entire thread.

Mine averages 13.5 in the city and 15 on the highway as long as it's interstate and I cruise about 65. Backroads or hilly areas knocks it down to ~14.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the compliment too.

Another price reduction

I've offered this to someone locally for $4K so I want to put the same offer out here.

I realize NM is a long way to go for a lot of you but you won't be disappointed. Not only is the body rust free but so is the frame. About 90% of the original black paint on the frame is still there. And what small amount of rust there is is just minor surface rust. This truck has been in NM all it's life and has survived the last 22 years very well.

Got a deposit on the truck today with the rest promised on Monday. Yee-haw!

Hey, great news!!!

SOLD!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom