For Sale 1986 HJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ60 - Washington State (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pside.jpg

Time to let our Forever Rig continue on some great new adventures with a new owner.

Decent Landcruiser from the 80’s are already rare and Diesel Land Cruiser are even harder to find. I spent over a year looking to find the right Diesel for us to turn into our families’ forever rig. This land cruiser is Canadian specifications and was imported for Canada a few years back. Clean current Washington State Title and Tags. Mileage 414,800km

Work completed:
Complete fluid changes, flushes, and new filters when purchase/ maintained
Old Man Emu 2" suspension kit/springs/shocks/steering stabilizer
Repainted to factory original color
New tires-5 - Toyo A/T Open Country LT235/75R15
New batteries
Noco Genius 3 bank smart charging system for 24V battery system
New brake shoes/pads/drums/discs front and back, cylinders/hoses
New Tie Rod ends
New Wheel bearings and races, front inner and outer
Locking Hubs rebuilt
New water pump and hoses
New power steering pump
Blue Sea System Dual USB Charging Socket
New Orion Victron Energy 24V/12V – 70Amp Converter for 12V accessories
New Pioneer MVH-S21BT Bluetooth enabled Stereo & Speakers
New 7” Hella Rally Lights
ARB Front Bumper
4” LED Backup Lights
Prewired for Roof lights (located in PS back)
Prewired for Driver power seat
Prewired for Driver/Passenger heated seats with period correct Toyota switches

Includes (Not installed):

Leather Honda Pilot front seats (Driver side powered, both heated)
Landcruiser Side Nerf Bars
Extra parts/trim/rubber
Various reference documents

Last edited:
pictures...lots of them...will help your cause

Of course, didn't know how the picture hosting would be on the forum. Here is the craigslist post:

Last edited:
LOL, you're absolutely correct, just went there for pictures. It's been garaged and kept out of the salt for as long as I've owned it.

bump for price change.

Appreciate the positive and somewhat colorful language in DM that I was shooting the moon.

Boss lady wants the garage space cleared out so price has been adjusted to reflect sane expectation.

Last edited:
Undercarriage pics?

Bump

Last edited:
Ok, I looked through all the pictures, and both of your craigslist ads. I'm not trying to beat you up on this, but I'd feel bad if I didn't respond and someone purchased this truck not knowing any better.

There is too much wrong here to get into particulars, but your asking price is still not sane. The huge holes in the frame are a big problem. Maybe take a look at some comparable listings to get a better sense of the value.

I have an HJ60 too, and I'd love to think the diesel adds that much value, but it doesn't. It adds some I think, but not that much.

In the end, this is just my opinion. Maybe some other mud members can chime in with their thoughts too.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions George and I don't take your comment personally. I do disagree with your statement there is too much wrong here to get into particulars or someone purchasing this truck not knowing any better.

It's a 33 year old rig so of course you could nit-pick every dent, blemish, and issue with it till the cows come home. When I got the truck it had many more issues and I set upon making it a safe and enjoyable truck for me and my family, not bondo flipping it like I see others doing. It's been reliable and fun for 5 years now.

I'm not trying to hide the problems from anyone interested in buying and will freely tell them what more could be done to the truck to keep it around another 30 years. I believe the problems that existed are repaired or contained as best as they can be.

I'll admit I was shooting the moon with my initial price (including all the maintenance, labor, blood, sweat, and tears, emotional attachment, etc), but it's up to the free market to decide what I actually can sell it for in the end. Compared to other 60's of this era I think it holds it own. Diesels in Canada may be a dime a dozen but I can count on 1 hand how many I've seen driving around Washington & Oregon.

Again I respect your comments and think this forum is fantastic and have always had a positive experience here with the members. At the end of the day we are all passionate and love the Landcruiser which is why we seek out places like this.

The huge holes in the frame are a big problem.

Excellent photos of the undercarriage, nothing hidden there. Appears there has been some welding on C channel area in the past. My 62 is in similar condition.

Not in the market and really have no idea what a reasonable price is. With the engine option it would depend on relative condition for me whether diesel preferable to gas, so no significant premium for the oil burner.

George, you have both a BJ and HJ60?

New Week, new bump. Always willing to hear out an offer from an enthusiast looking for something different like a diesel.

Sold. Went to a great new family who will appreciate the truck and keep it around for a long time. Maybe we'll get another cruiser down the road when the kids get older and want something to fix up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom