SOLD 1985 LJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1985 LJ70 for sale that I imported about 5 years ago and sold to a gentleman in Colorado , he moved to Missisipi some time ago and had someone back in to the driver door there and parked it in storage until I recently bought it back from him.

It is a 1985 lhd with a second generation 2LT swapped in it by the last owner in Europe , no idea about the miles on the engine but the cruiser itself has around 170 k on it. I drove it around a bit at the gravel roads here and remembered why I always liked the LJ's , these are just so much more comfortable then my HZJ73 or even my HZJ75. Took it briefly on the highway and pushed it to 75mph and it will do it but makes you aware that 65 mph is the comfort zone with a 2LT.

It's not 'new' 'rebuild' 'restored' or any of the other eBay keywords but just a decent daily driver that won't break the bank and is a great entry in the world of 7x models , back in the early nineties I had several of them and drove them all over Europe , even occasionaly pulling a car hauler with my BJ40 on top to go off roading……...I would not recommend that though ;)

Just replaced filters and oil on it and swapped the brake booster for one from a FJ80.
I also swapped the damaged ds door for another one and repainted it but the color is slightly different.

It has some dings and dents and some surface rust here and there but it presents very well and besides the driver seat showing some wear the interior is very nice , po made some home made door panels but I have brand new OEM brown door cards if the buyer prefers those.

lj70 1.jpg
lj70 2.jpg
lj70 3.jpg
lj70 4.jpg

Last edited:
lj70 8.jpg
lj70 12.jpg
lj70 21.jpg
lj70 24.jpg

Looks like it is available again.

Looks like it is available again.

Just noticed this too...