1984 Fj60 best Engine and Gear advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I would like to ask & get advice regarding the best Engine and Gear box that can be install in FJ60 without any issues.
I'm thinking to go ahead for V8 engine.
Is the H55F transmission can handle V8 engine?
I've heard that 4.7 engine can be work good with H55F , what about 5.7 engine is it work properly 🤔.

depends on how you define "best". Best mpg? Best performance? Best low end torque/rock crawling? Best HP? Best longevity? What are your ultimate intentions for use? Daily driver? camping/long range trips? Hard core wheeling?

also consider budget. there may be an engine that is slightly better for your needs but twice the price of the “second best”.

As g-man stated above, identify your uses and go from there. Also, remember this: Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two as all three are not an option. There is obviously a lot of grey area in there but once you have an idea of what you want to do, it makes things easier.

depends on how you define "best". Best mpg? Best performance? Best low end torque/rock crawling? Best HP? Best longevity? What are your ultimate intentions for use? Daily driver? camping/long range trips? Hard core wheeling?
I'm thinking to keep fj60 with toyota part so I'm still looking for v8 4.7 manual transmission.
Future maybe add more power like supercharger or I go ahead for turbo.

Any opinions on that..

The hallmark attributes of the FJ60 stock 2F engine (and therefore the vehicle as a whole) were reliability, long long lifespan, simplicity and ease of DIY repair.
For what I used my FJ60 for, the 2F was the best engine. While not particularly powerful, it can be super reliable and is easy to work on. Also - it fits inside the engine compartment perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom