Wanted 1980-83 FJ40 OEM Exhaust Heat Shields any condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for the USA spec 1980-1983 exhaust heat shields for the exhaust system. I will buy either ones that are good enough to use or ones that are rusty that I can use as templates. Thanks

The ones that attach to the manifold?

Mark ,

These are UFGators heat shield's & related hanger / Bracket needs highlighted In Orange

I would say SW20's ride under your care right now would be a exact reference match

DSCN4116.JPG
DSCN4117.JPG

Thanks Matt. I think I've had a couple of those over the years and tossed them because of bulk. Then again, they could be packed behind a pile of 30 front bibs I haven't moved in this century!

Your Welcome Mark ,

Im Giving UFGators a hand trying to locate / source the above ,

- Our Plan B is someone out there has some Bang'd Up or Rusted ones Behind 30+ Front Bibs pressed up on the wall I can use

as a Pattern / Template to Fabricate New ones ...

if U find something above on the wish-list let us know

Thanks

Pretty sure I have both (58368, 58159 & maybe 17506... but they aren't for sale; can I take pictures & get you measurements? If you're fabricating something, the OEM part has a silver sort of coating to them. Looks sort of like the coating of an aluminized exhaust.

Now that I'm thinking about it some more, I still have the entire exhaust from the coupler at the manifold to the tail pipe (w/cat converter); In storage @my parents' so no telling when I'll be back that way to check.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I have both (58368, 58159 & maybe 17506... but they aren't for sale; can I take pictures & get you measurements? If you're fabricating something, the OEM part has a silver sort of coating to them. Looks sort of like the coating of an aluminized exhaust.

Now that I'm thinking about it some more, I still have the entire exhaust from the coupler at the manifold to the tail pipe (w/cat converter); In storage @my parents' so no telling when I'll be back that way to check.

that would certainly be helpful! I would appreciate it if not too much trouble.

So, I think I have most of the brackets and heat shields you are looking for. All except #17420, which is the one that clamps on the rear exhaust pipe. I'm not confident I have the rear body heat shield.
They are all in very good to excellent shape. There is no rust, they are just dirty. When I did my restoration 16 years ago, I sand blasted and painted the bracket, then took them off a few years later when I rerouted my exhaust.
I need to dig around for the other rubber donuts and the rear body shield (I'm not 100% I have this one, but I think I do).

$100 plus the ride for what's pictured from 20111.

2013-01-19-16-06-33-mobile-jpg.718762

IMG_20170921_231605.jpg
IMG_20170921_231414.jpg
IMG_20170921_231426.jpg
IMG_20170921_231624.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom