For Sale 1978 fj40.5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978 fj45.5

Well, here we go.
After 7+ years and a bunch of fun, I have decided its time for someone else to enjoy this great rig.
It is an FJ40, with a couple of mods :D.

Mods to date ;
Fj 60 axles, 4:88 gears, arb lockers, soa front, 4 linked rear with hzj75 1/4 ellipse spring packs.
37x12:50 truxxus, 60-70%
Fox shocks f/r.
Fj60 ps with hydro assist.
Crate TBI 350 (7300 miles) all new wiring, fuse panel, etc...
H55 tranny built by valley hybrids
Split case with Marks 3:1 low range gears built by valley hybrids! Twin sticked
Tom Woods front & rear driveshafts
Center force clutch
Dual optima's
140 amp alternator
Vintage air a/c
Griffin 1 1/2" tube aluminum radiator, shroud w/ 18" clutch fan, runs below or at 210 no matter how hot outside, with or without a/c on.
Man a fre Auxilary gas tank in rear under the bed with heavy duty skid plate, used as primary tank with internal fuel pump. Stock under seat tank removed, no fuel smell.
F/r rock lights, rear works with switch, or in reverse.
8274 winch w/ viking synthetic line w/thimble.
Custom sliders
Modified metal tech cage w/frame ties
Round eyes headlights

Interior ;

Interior has been rhino lined, then dyna matted, then dyna deck floor matted. Very quiet, and no heat from engine bay or tunnel.
Autometer electronic gauges.
Tuffy console w/pioneer stereo, jl audio 6x9's in Tuffy speaker boxes, sounds great.
Power windows, dual control driver side.
Tuner bucket seats with tweed insert fabric. Very comfy seats, stock seat belts.
Ceiling of cab, sides of cab dyna mat w/black headliner carpet, looks awesome.
Operable hardtop vent windows.
Overhead cb radio
Behind and under seat open storage.
Being an xtra cab you have lots of in cab room, and leg room that you cannot get in a stock 45.
Ecu in glove box.
Black mahogany steering wheel.

Exterior;

Fj40 tub cut at door pillars, then custom fabbed xtra cab.
From scratch 5' bed made to look like fj45swb bed, spray lined.
Frame extended 32" in back for bed.
110" wheel base.
Custom removable hard top, looks oem.
Full black troopy soft top (ocdbettle) with stock front, custom rear bows.
Custom swing out spare carrier.
powder coated custom sliders.
Safari snorkel, plumbed to an old 70's model air cleaner canister, with tbi air filter inside. Cool.
Paint color is T-414 buffalo brown.

There's more I know I missed, will add as I think of stuff.
I have wheeled most everything in Moab, including Helldorado, Rubicon dbl locker run with Mudrak, and a bunch of stuff in between, and have walked it all in this rig. It has never broke anything, or left me walking. I have driven it to Moab, wheeled, and the drove home several times, zero issues. Will do 70 mph all day. Drives really well and needs nothing. I would drive it to New York if I had to.
It is not a Barrett Jackson show rig, but is a really nice, capable rig.
This truck is very well known, and I hope the new owner loves it as much as I do.
I will not sell it locally as I do not want to see it driving around town !

I will give it a chance here for a bit, no lowball bs offers, no trades.
1st offer over 25k gets it, period.

1st pic is how she sits today, except has black wheels. 2nd pic shows how it was before hard top, with included troopy top before re paint.
Just drove it, and wow it drives well. Really hard to sell, and wife is not happy about me selling it.
I will give it a week, and then we'll see.
Located in So.West Colorado. 81147

20120421_03.jpg

cruiser pictures.jpg

Last edited:
wow wow wow wow wow. That is seriously beautiful rig. I'm sure someone will snatch that up at this price, which is a steal!

On temporary hold..........

We had a sale worked out, but fell through on both sides. Wifey really wants to keep it now that she has leg room (she's 5'10) and a/c. So wifey wins this round :cool:
Thanks for all of the comments and interest.
Moderators can delete thread.

stunning. good luck with the sale.

Ok.
This is back up for sale.
Fresh front axle rebuild with new disc rotors. Getting some paint issues fixed, will be ready for new owner in 2 weeks. I am also putting the stock widened steelies with hubcaps back on, spare included.
The rig is at Red Line Landcruisers in Colorado Springs.
Price is still $25,000.00, but will go on ebay by the end of the month if no one on here buys it. Also will be able to deliver to Cruise Moab, with paid deposit.

:cheers:
Mike

Sold pending funds. That was quick !

SOLD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom