1978 Bj40 - Fuel Filter query... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I have what appears to be an Oil filter (z75) that my fuel runs through, before it gets to my fuel filter. It's been there ever since i've had the car and im not really sure why. I've never changed it. Anyone got any idea why it would be there? Should i just take it off and run the one fuel filter?

Thanks guys

Ryan

anyone?

can anyone at least tell me if they have this same sort of set up on there bj40?
:)

is it a spin on type filter ? are you sure it is not the waterseperator ? does it have a drain cock or nut holding it on ? ...If not then it is just a filter to stop the big stuff that the PO may have put on....limop you can't have to much filtering . Replace it with the same and call it good and leave it alone....if it is not broke don't fix it !

HTH'S Daryl

yeah its a spin on filter, its a ryco z75, i think that's an oil filter... maybe its being used as a water seperator? no drain cock or anything. i wonder if this is stock?

not stock on any "B"series engine i have seen. take a pic and post it. chances are the previous owner either had a bad bought with bad gas or was very cautious.
agreed, change it out and leave enough alone. if something is working why change the setup?

Ryan ,the Ryco Z75 filter is a fuel filter for a Deutz, MAN ,Volvo or Scania diesel engine.
Its probably cheap to replace and wouldnt hurt to change it for peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom