Wanted 1978 BJ40 / B HEAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hello you guys,,,,,I picked up a 1978 BJ40 and need a B diesel HEAD in good working order (no cracks or flaws ). Anyone who might want to sell theirs or anyone having a reliable business source who may have one please get in touch. Thanks everyone. Dave / FJFJFJ

IMG_1593.png

IMG_1594.png

IMG_1598.png

Every used B or 3B head you pull will show small visual cracks on them but if you just leave them on there you might get 100 or 200k more use out of them . If your BJ came from south of the border then find a Canadian or Euro spec B or 3B engine to replace it , those are newer designs and they run a lot better . @KillerPea here has one for sale actually

Thanks for the info. Question: the cruiser is from Costa Rica. Do you know if the engine specs of the B engines brought into Costa Rica from Japan are the same as the B engines left in Japan? All the same? Wanting to make sure ( if I find a B Head in Australia or Japan or Canada) that it will fit this B stock engine in my 1978 BJ40? If I can’t find one then thanks for the advice on either a Canada or Euro or I assume a Japanese imported B engine as a replacement. They all will fit? Also, will ANY 3B fit in that space? And can I use the B stock transmission/ transfer if I install a 3B? Any advice would be great. Thanks you guys. fjfjfj

Thanks for the info. Question: the cruiser is from Costa Rica. Do you know if the engine specs of the B engines brought into Costa Rica from Japan are the same as the B engines left in Japan? All the same? Wanting to make sure ( if I find a B Head in Australia or Japan or Canada) that it will fit this B stock engine in my 1978 BJ40? If I can’t find one then thanks for the advice on either a Canada or Euro or I assume a Japanese imported B engine as a replacement. They all will fit? Also, will ANY 3B fit in that space? And can I use the B stock transmission/ transfer if I install a 3B? Any advice would be great. Thanks you guys. fjfjfj

Specs should be the same between countries of origin. The difference will lie in years of production. Any 3b will fit, just move your B mounts over to the 3b block. I can't overstate the recommendation to update to 3b at minimum.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I also own a 1983 BJ46 and really love that 3B so I get what your saying. Your so right.

2ddd472c-00e6-4d18-9924-470f93565ccb.jpeg

IMG_9831.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom