For Sale 1976 FJ40 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pictures in thread in signature. More can be supplied upon request.

Which once was a running truck has become the unfortunate victim of a change in life circumstances, and it is time to part ways with the beloved 40.

It started out with a simple timing cover leak and subsequent finding that the engine needed rebuilt, to quickly spiraling into removing a bunch of parts to be able to get the body aligned correctly and refurbish some parts. Since disassembly and lack of time and funds, it has sat relatively untouched since.

I'm hoping this truck can find its way to a loving home, someone who will have the time that I wish I had.

The good.

Frame is solid.
Drivetrain is solid.
Aqualu alumitub 2, rhinolined interior and underbody.
Good hard top with '78 sides and ambulance doors.
Also comes with color matched Aqualu aluminum tailgate for when the top is removed.
Upholstery in great shape, a small pin hole tear in driver seat, no tears.
All mechanical (besides engine) and electrical parts were in working order prior to disassembly. It ran and drove perfect.
Brand new Toyo Open Country A/T's with 10 miles on them. Stock wheels and hub caps
Steering parts are all new as of 2012.
OME 4 inch lift

The bad.

Engine needs rebuilt, cam worn out and grooves in cylinder despite having good compression and good power at time of disassembly. Numbers were 165 across the block.
The front cowl needs repaired from rust. Previous owner did not do this prior to installing the aluminum tub so the doors and body don't align properly. I attempted to rectify this to no avail, but I was limited in resources to complete task.
Colors on front half and tub don't match sides and ambulance doors as PO used rattle can paint and multiple coats which darkened it compared to the single spray one the sides and rear doors.

Parts have been stored inside so they are in great shape.

Asking $11,500 obo.

Thanks for looking.

Truck is in central Florida

Last edited:
How it sits now

image.jpg

where is the truck located

The first two are of the driver side, first one is from the rear looking towards the front. Last picture is the same angle of the passenger side. The rust is only on the rear most section. From the front welds of the body mount support there is no rust. Quite minimal in my opinion, just couldn't fix like I wanted to

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom