For Sale 1975 Toyota FJ-55 Land Cruiser/Buggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not mine.
@Delancy and @Lil'John could tell you more about this build and builder "FC fab" than I if you have questions.

Description
CONTACT INFO - 601.259.6734

Chassis -
  • 1975 FJ-55 - original title and currently registered in MS
  • Built several years ago by the metal magician in NorCal
  • Full cage tied into the frame in multiple locations
  • FC fab motor mounts, front bumper/winch mount, and frame reinforcements

Drivetrain -
  • 350 TPI
  • SM-465
  • 2 speed Atlas 5.0:1

Running Gear -
  • GM Dana 60 front - 4.10:1, Detroit, Made in the USA 35 spline chromoly inners and outers, Yukon super joints, ECGS drive slugs, RockCrusher diff cover (most of those upgrades from the past year or so)
  • 14 bolt rear - 4:10:1, Detroit, disk brakes, RockCrusher diff cover
  • Qty 4 allied beadlocks - 8x6.5, 3.5" BS
  • Qty 4 39" BFG red labels with about 50% tread left
  • Qty 1 39.5" Irok spare...old but never been on the ground
  • OPTION - restore the original wheels and 39.5" Iroks and sell w/out the deadlocks and red labels

Suspension -
  • FJ-55 rear springs up front, Chevy 63" springs on the rear
  • FC fab wrap bar

Steering -
  • Complete steering setup from PSC - Scout style gear box, new 1.75" hydro assist ram, new smaller pulley, pump, and reservoir
15451669791332399302_large.JPEG
1545166975162415918_large.JPEG

1975 Toyota FJ-55 Land Cruiser/Buggy

If I recall right, the price is up another $5k since last sale.

17.5K will be a tough sell for a leaf spring car unless you’re a diehard FC or FJ-55 fan.

I know we have a few of both floating around here so thought I would share the listing if someone was interested

Last edited:
Just a little history for you guys , I sold that 55 to Marcus when it was a stock uncut 55 , Made him a Great deal ,
So sad he died so young , Good fun guy . RIP

Marcus was a good guy. Such a shame.

I miss that guy. I remember dragging the axles for this rig up to the shop on my way back from school. Never get to go for a ride when it was finished like we had planned. I worked in the shop while FC was building this, top notch work. But that is going to be a tough price to swallow.

RIP Marcus.

This 55 is guaranteed to make you feel younger than you are.
Sold my 650 HP Porsche, my Cobra, 1 of 1 Avanti prototype (when i retired and moved here), because I've discovered that feeling younger than you are in a high performance vehicle is deadly, of course I could use Maturity, and common sense = not overdrive my abilities. NAW that would NEVER happen!!! :steer:

Sounds like a story, what happened to Marcus?
Marcus I believe passed away in his sleep from Sleep Apena Young man not sure of age 35-40 ?

Hey guys, JT here...I had no idea this thread existed.

Some history:

I purchased this rig from the family (Marcus' uncle) after he passed away. After talking with Georg and Don, I bought it sight unseen for the $15k mentioned above and had it shipped to MS. After getting it here, we added the new beadlocks and used krawlers, put in a new Detroit in the front (was an open diff originally), replaced the front shafts, u-joints, and slugs/flanges, replaced both batteries, replaced the mechanical fan with an electric fan, and upgraded the assist ram and power steering pump pulley.

I went into this purchase eyes wide open...I knew the market for this sort of build was small, and those were the exact words of warning Georg relayed to me when we spoke. I completely get the leaf sprung argument, but, at this point, it makes little sense for me to spend the time/money to link the rig in an effort to appeal to a wider market.

The price is clearly a problem, with an implication that I'm trying to sell it for more than I paid...paid, yes, but certainly not more than I have in it. I'm not tied to that price, or any price, really. I built a new buggy over the past year, and it pains me to see this rig just sit. The goal here is to get her into someone's hands that will enjoy her on the trails. You guys know the market, what do you think is fair?

Thanks!
JT

I don't think the price is necessarily the problem. I think Mud may not be the right market for it, as over the last few years the number of hard wheeler builds and appreciation seem to have gone down. And the 55 classifieds specifically limit your market even more since it doesn't get a ton of traffic in comparison. I would cross post to the regular classifieds, put it up on pirate, and maybe Bring a Trailer.

The number of people looking for something like this rig is unfortunately small. I'd personally be posting it on as many platforms as I could to widen your market.

I was already married to my 40 build when it first came up otherwise it would have been in my driveway all those years ago. Someone out there would love to have that rig as it is an incredible build, but local CL and here may not be enough. It's a West coast style build for crawling that is no longer on the west coast.

That's just my 0.02 but I hope that helps.

You guys know the market, what do you think is fair?
Take the cool factor of a FC built FJ55 out of the equation it’s just another semi outdated 4X4 build. If you place it with similar Heeps I see sell for 8K fairly regular and 12K if they wait for the right buyer I would price it somewhere in that neighborhood if I was wanting to get it out of my driveway. Location also appears to play a factor in selling price, out here on the west side of the country they seem to fetch more than in Middle America or east coast.

With that said it is an iconic 55 build built by a legend in certain circles and if you can put it in front of the right guy at the right time your 17K doesn’t seem out of line.

Good luck if I didn’t have so many irons in the fire I would make you a serious offer just to see it preserved in its current state.

Don deleted the build thread years ago, but one of the moderators brought it back for a short time when Marcus’ uncle was trying to sell it. It was gone again shortly thereafter.

I realize Mud isn’t the audience. I floated it on pirate twice before posting it in our local forum here. Like I said, I didn’t even know this thread existed until this morning. And I refuse to post it on our local CL. Some redneck will end up with it and bury it in a muddy river on the first weekend.

All the points above are valid...especially the one about hard core wheelers. Seems like no one wants to wheel much anymore. I’ll hang onto her until the right buyer comes along. Maybe after the sting of this latest build wears off I’ll refresh the drivetrain. Maybe with an automatic one of my girls will take an interest in wheeling. Maybe...

It would be cool if they could leave the build thread up, looks like a great rig!
Yeah it's a shame all the FC build threads disappeared a few years ago. I used to like reading them for inspiration when working on my junk. I'm sure more than just myself was inspired buy some of the work that took place and those build threads and it's a great loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom