1975 Rain Gutter Leak Interim Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aug 1975 build FJ 40206074

IMG_20200526_091634_01.jpg

Q about leaky gutters since the door is open.;)

I have holes drilled into my rear gutters. Are they supposed to be there? It seams like they are a route for water to get in between the metal and fiberglass.

We had a little rain 2 weeks ago and I had some good leaks in the back gutter area. Looking for a temporary fix. I’ll probably do a full tear down/rebuild next year.
Not sure when the transition occured... Just learning more everyday. As you rebuild keep me posted 'cause it looks to be a process. Reassuring to have another working thru any surprises and knowing products/ suppliers with the right stuff. Thanks

Check out the “40 channel” on YouTube. He did a few videos on the complete tear down of the top and riveting it all back together. Quite a process. Since i just got my truck I want to drive it as is this summer and maybe do a tear down next year.

But I would like to do a temporary fix on it now.

Completed drip rail/ rain gutter rust encapsolator and 3M seam seal so now rig is water proof. Shifting attention to take care of spider web cracks and a few larger bald spots, and getting it a uniform white. Thought fiberglass would be in my wheelhouse due to a couple old 'vette restos about 15+ years ago. But after reviewing all mud forum top repair entries I could find I'm conflicted between gel coat and marine polyurethane paint. Don't recall the gel coat issue w/ my 'vettes. The bald spots on my 40 top are gray under the white that has pealed. Is that the gel coat that's pealed away? The gray spots are smooth and has no flex whatsoever. Also the spider web areas are solid... No flex. Plan to reach out to a fiberglass boat repair guru here locally near Carter Lake for some guidance. Anyone have any other recommendations?

IMG_20200531_124406.jpg

IMG_20200531_124358.jpg

IMG_20200531_124452.jpg

IMG_20200531_124443.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom