SOLD 1973 FJ40 New Mexico $11,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973 fj40

3 speed.

Currenty driving it several days a week. Running well in city and highway.

Has recent rust removal and panel replacement on rear quarters and sill. Paint blended to match as close as possible. I have pictures of replacement metal installed. You can see panels and sill from underneath as well. Passenger side has factory weld spots showing above the rear wheel. When someone repaints it that would need be addressed. i believe the dirvers side ones have bondo. Just so you are aware and know what you are getting. Not sure why they did not do the passanger side the same. But that was the PO deal. I just had the panel replacement and sill replacement done in the last few months. fenders each had a patch cut out and replaced as well. With that the paint was re-shot and blended on the fenders to lower cab 1/2. the hood, windshield, hardtop, top sides, and bib are all the older paint. The inside could use a sand and repaint but that is if you want it all shiny and new. Or bed line it if that is your thing. Floors have surface rust on driver and pass side. No holes or wear thru. floors on the inside were painted black at some point. Mats cover most of that.

Mat has a hole in the drivers side. Looks like it is a mat from a 74-78 FJ40. Shifters dont match up 100%

New seat covers
New rear floor mat
New tires BFG KO2 AT
New rims

Has roll bar inside. it is not a stock one.
Stereo
Fog lights are not working. I have not dug into the wiring. All other lights work.

Wipers are fixed

could use some new heater vent hoses and a heater duct vent. or use as is. Previous owner made a make shift vent duct. $20 part from Specter off road. Rear heater motor is not working as well.

Has Upgraded distributor from stock.

Vehicle pulls a little to the left on hard braking. It’s controlable but want buyer to be informed. Drums need an adjustment. I adjusted one of the sides but I don’t have a tool short enough to get the front adjusted without hitting the tie rods.

Drives well on highway at 65-70. I have never pushed it past that.

Entire block was rebuilt at some point. Compression is 120-128 across all cylinders at 3900 feet elevation. Could get better with valve adjustment. I’ve never had them adjusted while I’ve owned it.

$12,000

Have a 1972 listed as well on mud. Check it out if you are into a patina style ride.

00E0E_dxBzgiC6Lue_600x450.jpg

00q0q_juh2knyJr3A_600x450.jpg

00v0v_3yhrvxbsOpr_600x450.jpg

00y0y_5XasVltZvnT_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Is it in New Mexico?

PM Sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom