1973 FJ40 2.5" Lift Pro-Comp / Bilsteins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the Pro Comp 2.5" springs- Man a Fre Anti Inversion Shackles ( 3 1/4" center pin to pin) stock shackles are 2 3/4" I believe and Bilstein Shocks. First photo is about a year after instillation with hard top- you can see the shackle angle has changed. 2nd photo is day of install with soft top. I also have a full size spare on the back now. 33x10.5 Dick Cepek on 15x6 rims.

View attachment 2127849

View attachment 2127850
Just out of curiosity, how many leafs are in your spring packs? I've considered pulling a leaf and going with a longer shackle for same height and better ride.

Just out of curiosity, how many leafs are in your spring packs? I've considered pulling a leaf and going with a longer shackle for same height and better ride.
The rear has 5 and the front 6.

IMO the Skyjacker Soft Quiet lifted springs 4” and Bilstiens are the bomb. I literately tossed a spring lift kit that was junk because the springs were so stif the suspension wouldn’t work. Stay away from super heavy duty bound springs, the springs should move freely. Don’t buy into “they need to break in” it doesn’t happen. Hope this helps. They make a 2.5 lift I’m pretty sure.

Prescot,
I just wanted to keep you posted...I ended up returning the kit back to 4 wheel parts today because the bushings did not show up with it and trying to figure it out with their customer service was difficult to say the least. Getting the proper return labels was also pretty painful. Was really hoping this would have worked out. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Thanks,
Travis

Prescot,
I just wanted to keep you posted...I ended up returning the kit back to 4 wheel parts today because the bushings did not show up with it and trying to figure it out with their customer service was difficult to say the least. Getting the proper return labels was also pretty painful. Was really hoping this would have worked out. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Thanks,
Travis
My kit from amazon came with only 5 of the needed 16 bushings. A quick call to pro comp and the missing ones were on the way for free! They'll be here tomorrow! No questions about where I purchased it, or anything....just needed name address and how many I needed! Hopefully you haven't shipped yours back yet!

My kit from amazon came with only 5 of the needed 16 bushings. A quick call to pro comp and the missing ones were on the way for free! They'll be here tomorrow! No questions about where I purchased it, or anything....just needed name address and how many I needed! Hopefully you haven't shipped yours back yet!

Unfortunately they were shipped back already. I called 4 wheel parts three times in an attempt to get them before giving up. I’m glad it’s working for you though!

The rear has 5 and the front 6.
Thanks for the info. I actually have the skyjacker kit kit, not the pro comp. Got it from 4 Wheel Parts; they have been awesome to work with and buy from.
I think the BEST thing I did was buy nyloc nuts for the shackle bolts and backed them off. I had them too tight! LOL! The suspension was locked up and wouldn't flex at all. It's pretty good ride now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom