Builds 1972 FJ40 stretch and refresh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another small update, I massaged the rear doors a little and painted and installed them. I’ve started a new job right before the pandemic hit and don’t have much time off right now, weird times.
EC2F4651-5621-4CDC-AF92-108B75F31F77.jpeg
5FD95E3D-3CD5-4DDD-B707-52404C7F2335.jpeg

Great job overall it turned out awesome. I am going to stretch my 68 but I am going to turn it into a fake extended cab FJ45 with a all tube bed. I still havent decided if I am going to skin the sides we will see. Again great transformation and attention to detail...
Billy

Great job overall it turned out awesome. I am going to stretch my 68 but I am going to turn it into a fake extended cab FJ45 with a all tube bed. I still havent decided if I am going to skin the sides we will see. Again great transformation and attention to detail...
Billy

Thanks, the 45 idea is cool. My friend who helped on this did a tube bed on a 45 project that looks like a 40 or 45 rear and is skinning it. Looks great IMO.

Whoa. Not sure how I missed this build. What a bitchin truck! Have you had it out lately @TCinVA ?

Thanks! I had it out a few times this past summer and fall, I haven’t been able to log into mud until recently, I’ll update here and there.

NICE build, I hope to get back into a 40/45 series again someday.
Thanks for sharing your journey.
The longer wheelbase is important now days since the carburetor days & weaving around trees, now its climbing over rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom