SOLD 1972 FJ40, non-running project, plus parts vehicle, plus trailer BUMP-New Price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD FOR 3900$

For some this is redundant info.....
Bought a bunch of FJ40s from an east Texas body shop. Elderly gent was getting out of the business. Most of the vehicles were nothing more than rusted out carcasses.....some weren't, this is the last of that bunch.

1972 sky blue. Non-running. Story was that it developed a rod knock, PO started to repair, parked it and there it sat for 20 years. So I have not attempted to turn engine, lets assume it is locked up and internally rusted etc..... has rust in all the normal places: floors, rear sill etc.... as seen in pictures. One place that I was surprised to see rust is where the top meets the bed, reference pics. It has period correct bench seat (not sure of year on seat), needs gas tank, has some jump seats in back that will need repair. Sat so long that is has moss on windshield, and the old tint job is peeling off of rear windows (both appear funky in pics). At some point is has had a long range tank installed, cannot say whether that tank is good or bad.....One fender apron has "tear" in metal, and at some point the hood has flown up in the wind and has deep crease. Engine is missing manifolds, carb, exhaust.....

I work out of town every week, so if I don't answer a PM right away, that's the reason. I can take as many photos as you need, just let me know what you want to "see". Please send me your email address so I can take the pics at the storage unit and send them from there.
Thx
Dallas Todd

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting PMs about just selling the '72. If you are just wanting it, no trailer or parts rig-- 4000$
Guys are asking for pics of the frame:

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Last edited:
And some of the passenger side floor: The worst is the space behind rocker (see photo) and then where the floor meets rear wheel well (last photo)

IMG_0135-1.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

The rear tailgate & doors don't close and fit? Little eaten up over the years I guess. God that brings back memories.
I can still remember the smell of a new one. I might have to come see that. A 40 is on my bucket list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom