For Sale SF Bay Area 1972 Fj40 "SULLY" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mill Valley, California 94941 United States
Mileage
Color
rgb(152, 218, 227)
IMG_0018.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg

This was originally Tony's / Rockcods original "Sully" build. SOA 40 , disc brake conversion, You can probably still find his "Sully" build thread he did with his son. I picked it up from Tony and did a bunch more finishing off the interior -redoing seats , pulling roof and spraying in ceramic lizard skin and then an OEM headliner. The only rusty spot was the underseat toolbox/typical and i welded that up. (the ceramic keeps the calif.sun at bay and cool inside) While off i redid the roof exterior with a marine Gelcoat. (just like toyota originally did it) and found some steelies and 35s,37s. With the top off i welded up a full length family cage. I think the new 37s Toyos are on it currently but need to double check. This has sat in my mothers carport a few years waiting for me to get around for some sort of motor. I had contemplated everything from 1fz/5spd. to F1.5 hi po/ or good ol 2f. I actually also have an almost new h55/split case that George redid the split case that id consider selling with this if the new owner wants to go that route. I told Tony he gets dibs on Sully if i "ever" sold it- so i will try to shoot him a message or if another mudder has his contact info and wants to let him know Sully is going up for sale....please let him know. But if Tony takes a pass i would like it to stay in the mud family and im just going to offload this for a good deal to someone. Its got a great patina and a killer stance-no rust-that Tony dialed in and i was limping the old tired F motor around quite a while before setting it in a carport while it waited for its motor/rebirth. I will add some more pics shortly and see about reaching out to Tony. asking 12,500obo. Im also selling the FST 40 in another thread and have both of these up for sale. May keep one of them but most likely will sell both.

Trust me I don’t paint original patina trucks. When I took ownership of the 45 it was in 4 different colors, only original paint and patina left was the upper cab and roof 🤷

3364820C-3491-4C4D-9064-EE8A73913823.jpeg

Like I said to each their own, but I think saying I ruined some amazing patina’d Cruiser here is a bit of stretch.

And I agree whole heartedly Sully is a gem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom