craigslist 1971 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - Looks/Drives Great with Low Miles! - (West Los Angeles) - decent looking survivor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
not mine

$29,500

Hi All,

Very Original 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj40 with Only 93,000 Original Miles!
Drives and Looks Great...
2F Stock 6 Cylinder Engine
Hard Top/Hard Doors
Rear Jump Seats
Always a California Truck
Good/Clean Body, No major Rust!

List of New Parts:
-Radiator
- Starter
- Oil lines
- Air Filter
- Radiator Hoses
- Head Gasket
- Valve Cover Gasket
- Bilstein 5100 shocks
- Old Man Emu Steering Dampners
- Beefy Tires w/lotsa Tread
- Extra set of 15-inch rims

$29,500 obo

Thanks!

00L0L_jv2F0AFdmEMz_0kI0gl_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_fcHnpFOUIQiz_0kI0gM_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_95byz8qhETcz_0kI0jD_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_aryYfw1kcndz_0kI0fb_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_lU8X5LlAFEOz_0kI0jA_1200x900.jpg

more

00B0B_K7qtEnQ5HEz_0hv0t2_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_2KxRXu2NyqOz_0kI0bt_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_hdLyKzJKKjz_0kI0rW_1200x900.jpg

00606_7qqnZ94oA5fz_0kI0a6_1200x900.jpg

Just a heads up this truck has been listed for sale in San Francisco for the last month at under $20k. They have been lowering the price over time, was $18,990 for a while, currently listed at $17,990. Toyota FJ40 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/campbell-toyota-fj40/7434845659.html

I too saw those new listings come up in LA and San Diego today for $29,500 so yeah not sure what that's about, or if it's a typo or what. Figured I'd mention it.

FJ40_sanFran_17k.PNG

The top is not really sitting on the cruiser very well... big gap at the windshield. oh & looks like Scam-City to me too!
or just reply to the ad listing it for 18k and you save yourself a heap of cash!!!

@oakweb I certainly appreciate you posting all of these for us. I hope to actually be able to buy one someday soon and just wanted to say, thank you!

Thanks, I like that we can track them. Seems like this one has a history.

Thanks, I like that we can track them. Seems like this one has a history.
Take a look at the map in the Craigslist ad - Culver City "adjacent" Could it be?

I was tempted to call the guy just out of curiosity, Campbell is 15 min from me. Interesting this post popped up here. Wasn’t gonna buy it though, it would be hard to justify getting another FJ40, with the current one in pieces taking up the space in the entire garage😅

There is a sign in one of the pictures for a company called Miracle Method, I looked it up and it’s in Campbell CA so at least the pictures were taken where the original ad says:

1645074741229.png

Guessing it’s everyone’s favorite flipper..
Not 100% sure but does have the "trademark" signs - previous owners pictures, at least a $10k price bump, definitely the same zip code
A few to many coincidence's, also another sign, if it starts getting listed in other cities/states on Craigslist

This is 100% Greg from Culver City. He's full of s*** and I would never buy a truck from him. He'll lie right to your face, he did so to me over facetime on a '72 he had listed on CL over the summer. Here is the Mud posting by Oakweb on that '72. The exact same format. His number was 310-266-1418 if anyone wants to save themselves the headache of dealing with him.

This is 100% Greg from Culver City. He's full of s*** and I would never buy a truck from him. He'll lie right to your face, he did so to me over facetime on a '72 he had listed on CL over the summer. Here is the Mud posting by Oakweb on that '72. The exact same format. His number was 310-266-1418 if anyone wants to save themselves the headache of dealing with him.

Wow, interesting. That truck is back up for sale right now in Costa Mesa. I went and drove it a couple weeks ago actually, almost bought it. I liked the idea of the later gear with the early body style, but ended up feeling it's not quite the one for me. Before I went to see it I did not know the frame it's self was a '79, but after seeing the rear bumper is the late style (and appeared to be original, riveted on), I did get a tad confused/concerned.

Current owner (Kenneth?) seemed like a nice guy though, said he had to jump through some hoops to get it titled in CA out of Utah, but assured me that he has it registered as a '72 without a smog requirement. I'm not sure what year the title has listed. He said he's selling it already because he ended up getting an earlier all original FJ40 (which he is also now selling as well, though).

Irrelevant here, but figured I'd mention it. I've been watching listings for close to a year now, it's funny to see the history of some of these trucks as oakweb mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom