SOLD 1971 FJ-40 in So. Cal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
All
So I'm looking to sell a fairly heavily modified 1971 FJ-40. If I'm going at this wrong I apologize, I don't post on IH8Mud so I'm not entirely sure of the protocol & hopefully this lands in the correct forum...
So as I mentioned it's far from stock and probably not a good candidate for restoration, but allot of mods. The Landcruiser was a deceased family member's, I wanted to keep it, but have too many other projects...
The cool...
1971 (pre-smog)...
1976 front axle with disk brakes & a limited slip diff.
A semi float rear D-60 with a Detroit... (drum brakes)...
I believe 4.10 gearing...
I believe a Rancho 3 to 4" lift... I believe some true 10"X15" wheels (VERY old 33" tires barely rollers)
Power steering & brakes...
A port injected built 400+ CU. smallblock with aluminium heads... (injection system is an Air Sensors system) MSD ing. some other perf. parts.
700 transmission (Lokar shifter)...
Dana 300 T-Case (twin stick'd)
Interior wise it's stock seating, after market gauges along with factory, the Batt. is relocated to the rear cargo area.
Full hard top...
I believe I have some spare parts (heater blower motor/housing & some interior parts... the jump seats & the jack)... not sure if the vintage is correct cause he had 3 40s over the years.

The Eh & bad...
Front bumper is just a piece of angle, no rear bumper & carrier, just bumperets...
One of the old rollers blew & pushed the Dr. side fender up so it'll need to be re worked, broke the Dr. turn signal mounted on the fender.
Paint is odd... he might have used some type of marine paint ??
Said motor might have a blown head gasket...
Needs a water pump...
Needs a battery...
Needs fuel flushed...
Fresh fuel & a Batt. and it'll fire up...

There's more stuff, but that's the biggest part of it... no one admits to being from Indio/Coachella Valley ! so y'all know I'm not try'n to scam or get the best of ya.
Again it's probably not for the purest, but it does work well off-road and around town... some attention, TLC and it'll be a cool rig.
A trailer will be needed due to the old tires...
It's registered & I have the title in my name...
I'm hoping to get around 17.5K...
I can be reached at 760 eight three 2-two911 text is fine or E-mail at xtremexj@gmail.com, try to respect the hour of the day though...

IMG_2471.JPG
IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

Interesting FJ! Ok I know anyone interested will need more pictures, especially the rear sill area., interior, dash, underside etc. Looks like original paint, do you know if there is any indication of a repaint?

Thanks Oak & BHS for the input...
If folks want to request something specific I can try to get them as well...
I believe each post can only handle 5 pics. ?? Is there a number of pic. only posts that get one frowned on ?

Here are some interior...
IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG
IMG_2487.JPG

Here are some more interior... 3rd. pic. is the relocated batt. right behind the Dr. seat...

Curt
IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

To answer an above Q. Yes it has been painted... I'd call it a 20' paint job, we all know those... for some reason I keep thinking it was a marine type of paint...
Here are the oddities & a closer look at the Dr. fender...
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2490 (1).JPG

Price drop to 16K ...
Again if there are other areas someone would like to see pics. of let me know...

Curt

so it is not in running condition? I'm interested just ironing out details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom