Wanted 1969 fj40 steering wheel horn button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for a 1969 fj40 steering wheel horn button. Or one that is compatible

Is this the red button model?

honestly i dont remember. its been so long since it had one.

I have some early horn buttons but I'm not sure what the cut offs are for years.

send me a pic of one front and back and i should be able to tell if it will work

Eric

Pre-9/72 buttons were metal, with the domed plastic center TOYOTA in relief. Post 9/72 were the vinyl type.

David

I have several boxes of those. But I won't be back in the shop to get picks until Monday.

Eric

Pre-9/72 buttons were metal, with the domed plastic center TOYOTA in relief. Post 9/72 were the vinyl type.

David

I have several boxes of those. But I won't be back in the shop to get picks until Monday.

thanks. Just get with me when you can. No rush.

If you leave a VM at the shop, I will call Monday. I have a carb as well. Stock air cleaner if you need it.

There are minor variations between the years, so a pic is instructive. 67 and older are chrome, painted over on the face. '68 was chrome only on the retainer that holds the centerpiece. '69 was all black.

I have a few. Condition varies widely, as does price. Range $50-$175 depending on how clean it is, and which vintage.
image.jpeg

I will be out of town for a week and a half. I will order something when I get back

Returned your VM.

Part is boxed and will ship in the morning. Thank you.

There are minor variations between the years, so a pic is instructive. 67 and older are chrome, painted over on the face. '68 was chrome only on the retainer that holds the centerpiece. '69 was all black.

I have a few. Condition varies widely, as does price. Range $50-$175 depending on how clean it is, and which vintage.
View attachment 1334091
Hi Mark,
Have heard about your how bad things happened recently, really sorry for it Mate. You'll get over it, you are hard as a nail :)
When you have a chance I would need a contact spring and a rubber spacer and that large washer on top the contact spring. Also I need a replacement of the plastic button if not too expensive as mine is cracked badly. When paypal you I can give you the shipping address in the comment section, thanks.

I am not offering those components for sale at this time.

View attachment 1334091

Hi. I am interested. Do you have any more units for sale?

Right now I am pairing up all my early horn buttons with steering wheels and steering boxes to sell as packages. Might want to try @Birdhead . He bought the last three I was willing to separate.

Hello 65swb45
I am actually from Malaysia. I read somewhere from your website you prefer phone call. Because of time difference, I will try and contact you somehow.

chat with you later.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom