For Sale 1969 fj40 locked n loaded 140:1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

located in ocala fl 34472
8000.00 firm dropped 2500

Up for sale is a built toyota fj40.
36x13.5x15 irocks on bead locks
sbc tbi 350
Sm465 with toybox/splitcase
8k winch with syn line
108" wheel base on soa on cruiser springs flipped and drilled
OBW , OBW, Upgraded h-4 headlights, rock lights.
locked front and rear. tested and tuned. it took many runs and alot of wrench time to dial this rig in
no area untouched.
I really dont know where to start. well when i got her i wanted a utilitarian vehical for hunting and fishing. Boy did i find an adventure. i started with pulling the body off and stripping the old girl down to the frame. first and after a lot of research i flipped the springs front and rear for a longer wheel base. in the rear i swaped the hangers end 4 end and back as far as possible for a longer shackle. I also gusseted the rear front hangers, boxed the frame. Then in the front i performed a shackle inversion using a oem hangers to keep it as low as possible. I also moved the hangers as far forward as possible. later in life i stretched the frame and tub 8"(to be discussed later). during all this i flipped the military leaf to keep it on the fixed end. I then built a wrap bar bringing the lower tube made out of 1.5 hrew to the front mount . The top link intersected approx 3" from the mount. then i filled the void with 3/16 plate for strength using himes on both ends.
front axle recieved many mods well many over the years. the bare housing was treated to a cut and turn exact deg cannot remember. next it recieved a front diff cover made out of a steel pipe cover. once the perches were welded on i used the trail gear gussets on both the knuckle ball upper and lower and on the axle tube long side. The outers were treated to mini truck knuckles and fj60 rotors using IFS calipers. i filled them with chromo hub gears and TG dirty thirtys.(i know Trail mart but they have take some good runs and came home in 1 piece). the center is a stock course spline filled with a aussie locker. I fabbed my own steering copying the fombre from 4X4 labs using 1/2 gusseted plate and 3/4 himes from ruff stuff. then i attached a rock ram to the links running off the sag box setup in the popular fashion drilled and ported using the texas off road mods on the sag PS pump. and a custom flat steering arm.
the rear got poly axles and chevy rotors using s-10 front calipers. The long side was gusseted and shocks were leaned in 3" off center. the 3rd got a lincoln locker and is to is a course spline pinion. the diff cover is 1/2" and probably the last to ever leave ruff stuff as it had bullet holes in it and was in the scrap bin(what a score 20 bux shipped). Wrap bar is as close to center as i could get it.
the brakes incorporate a 1993 80 series booster and master pushing the fluid through a cadillac eldorado proportioning valve.
The motor is a 93 chevy TBI 5.7 from a C3500 2wd with manuel tranny. I held the motor as low as possible to keep a lower COG behind the TBI 5.7 is a 4X4 SM465 coupled to a marlin 2.28 toybox followed up by a split case. the front uses a sq tube drive shaft the rear is a .25 wall dom using an 85 dual carden joint and a mini long slip shaft flange. both front and rear have spare shafts. the fuel tank is out of a geo tracker tucked as high as possible utilizing a skid plate in the rear section of the frame. the rear shaft is still 20 + inches (hence the reason for the stretch). the entire belly is protected by a 3/8 sheet steel from the balancer to the t/c rear output shaft. I also added a york compressor and a 3 gal tank and a oil separator for on board air and a chrysler alt for welding(needs to be a larger alt as all i could find in the junk yards was a 70 amp so it is weak good concept but weak)
The body is 90% rust free. Front clip from a 75 and the tub from a ? . The floor was removed and a sheet of 20ga sheet steel was put in its place using some angle in the center and along the tranny for support. the body was directed behind the b-pillars and a pc of 20 ga added to stretch the body 8" to accomodate the frame stretch. the rear floor was removed due to the fact that the fuel tank was raised. i added a drawer above the tank and put the new floor even with the fenders. then fabing a tailgate out of 3/4 box tubing and stainless. The rear fenders were massaged to look origional.(but the rocks adjusted them to thier likings) sliders were built out of 1/4 x 4 angle attaching to both the frame and tub. a step(also adjusted by the rock gods) was incorporated into the siders tieing in to the front tube fenders. the top lip of the tub recieved a tube to protect the shape and so far has done well. The cage is tied into the frame in 4 spots using punch through plates and 3/8 bolts. altho the cage is made from sub standard material it was over seen by a automotive mechanical engineer. It is a 1 time hard roll cage then it will need to be replaced. i know it is a bad spot to cheat but it is better then nothing. the seats are out of a mazda sports car with great lumbar support and are tied into the cage, there are 3 point DOT approved belts along with 3 point harnesses also tied in to the cage. and a set of half doors
on to the wheels and tires the tread is a 36x13.5x15 irock with no highway use and only 4 trail runs. the wheels are 8x2.5x15 with weld on bead locks.(the front drivers recently started leaking after the last run to gsmtr) no major tire damage only rock rash. the wheels are on 1.5" spacers. the spare is a full size and never seen the street nor trails.
spare parts consist of the following and i wont list them all just the big stuff.
stock rear axles, 27 spline chromo axles on stock shafts, front and rear drive shaft, sag box, sag ps pump, various 4 sp tcaseparts, 6 front ifs calipers, front housing, fj55 front knuckles. rotors and wheel hubs. I will add more as i look through my stuff. 5 years worth of cruiser parts.
if i recieve my asking of ten,five then i will also include ALL the tools and some extras. the boxes and containers will remain.
please email for more info. and please see the following links. or on youtube search dennis chocco or norma chocco. as i have been all over the park there and river rock many times. please see nfcruiserheads.org for my build thread and upgrades .
http://nfcruiserheads.org/forum/index.php?topic=2844.0 link will give you the others and my sale thread.

30 plus pics posted on this link
gsmtr.jpg
gsmtr1.jpg
gsmtr3.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it is a lack on interest. Its a bad ass rig. Your description is a little intimidating length wise. I would suggest throwing up some pics of the sbc. If I had the coin I would be buying a plane ticket. But my budget is closer to 5k. But many props for your rig... sweet IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom